Project BIM Manager
Design Technology | New York | Full Time | From $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 per year
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognise the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
Grimshaw’s New York Studio is seeking a Project BIM Manager to lead BIM delivery on larger scale or complex Grimshaw projects, lead a project BIM team where necessary, support architectural teams in the use of BIM tools and workflows on project work and contribute to the wider BIM capabilities of Grimshaw.
- Provide ongoing support, troubleshooting and guidance for BIM workflows
- Provide ongoing training to project teams in the use of BIM tools (Revit, Navisworks, Infraworks, etc)
- Attend project kick-off meetings to advise on BIM implementation
- Contribute towards contract BIM deliverable negotiations
- Author and maintain project BEP and collaborative documents to ensure effective communication between consultants
- Ensure any changes in practice or project standards are effectively communicated to the project teams and implemented
- Ensure all project BIM work complies with Grimshaw and project BIM standards
- Set-up new project BIM files (including linked model hierarchies, survey files, building models, CAD imports, shared coordinates, etc.)
- Prepare project BIM models for issue
- Perform coordination and clash detection on models, managing and communicating results in line with Grimshaw and project standards
- Maintain project federated models
- Organise and manage non-geometric project data deliverables
- Continually seek to identify opportunities to improve existing workflows or capabilities
- Advanced proven knowledge of Autodesk Revit and other relevant BIM authoring packages
- Experience with model federation and coordination
- Experience in delivering projects to BIM standards with relevant QA processes
- Familiarity with design applications such as Rhino. Experience with Revit interoperability is highly beneficial
- Knowledge of Dynamo / Grasshopper is highly beneficial
- Knowledge of programming with C#, Python and Revit API is beneficial
Desired Experience and Competencies:
- Degree in architecture, architectural technology, or another relevant subject
- Revit exam-based certification is beneficial
- Must have at least 5 years of relevant experience with Revit and BIM concepts
- Experience of delivering projects to relevant BIM standards (ISO19650, etc.)
- Experience with large scale projects and teams
- Experience of managing a team of BIM coordinators
- Must be able to clearly articulate advanced concepts in a way that team members of all levels can understand
- Should possess the ability to train teams in relevant workflows and software packages
- A methodical approach to problem-solving is required
- The ability to rapidly pick up new software skills as required is essential
- Must be highly organised with the ability to prioritise and balance workloads.
- Must have proven leadership and management skills
Applications will not be considered without a portfolio and work samples.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.