Practice Specifications Manager
Support | London | Full Time
Grimshaw Architects are looking for a Specifications Manager to lead the London team and oversee, maintain and promote our bespoke specifications system across all our offices with the assistance of our small in house team. We have a bespoke in-house system that is not based on traditional specifications systems, we are looking to expand this across all our offices, this may require some international travel and there is the potential for this role to lead to a global role providing international leadership of key specification tasks for all of our construction projects.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Likely to be a UK registered architect or international equivalent but potentially from an allied professional field
- Experience in the creation and development of specifications for multiple projects or as standard specifications within a practice or work sector
- International experience beneficial, especially Australia and/or the USA
- Good knowledge of architectural practice, especially detailed design, construction and materials
- Experience managing a small team whilst working alongside a larger group of colleagues
- Good communication and presentation skills, especially clear concise writing
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills: largely an internal role across Grimshaw architectural teams but occasional client or contractor facing work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to run your own specifications department in an international Architectural Practice.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds and recognise that in order to be successful, we need to create an inclusive environment where everyone can realise their potential and succeed.
Any offer of employment with Grimshaw will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.
Talk to us about Flexible Working