Support | Sydney | Full Time
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognise the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.Grimshaw works closely with our clients to deliver projects worldwide which achieve the highest possible standards of excellence and inspire and transform our communities. We are carbon neutral today, and seek to develop carbon neutral design for clients in 2025, regenerative design by 2030. Grimshaw is seeking change makers to join us for the next stage of our development as a practice. To be successful, you will be excited by the fact that you are helping to enable and support innovative design and understand you have a key role to play not only in the internal operations of the studio but also in the projects. This is a unique opportunity to get real business experience and truly see the impact you make on a daily basis!
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining project related document control register
- Planning, supervising and recording document flow to and from all necessary parties, including clients, subcontractors and project offices.
- Checking quality of documents and monitoring processes and compliance to company verification systems
- Managing project filing systems
- Maintaining updates records of all approved documents and drawings and their distribution
- Communicate changes of documents and/or accessibility of records to relevant personnel
- Manage monthly reports and presentations in a timely manner
- Management of project QMS and HSE System
- Manage AEO Procedures and Protocol in the project
- Create and monitor cash flow, forecasting resourcing costs and developing fee proposals. working closely with the finance department
- Manage fee forecast process and Resources in internal system CMAP
- Manage invoices and ensure invoices are issued correctly at the relevant time
- Assist with communication and document flow protocols between project participants;
- Assist with Contract Management, ensuring the appointment is closed out and executed
- Understand the contract and provide necessary contractual documents as required
- Be familiar with the project appointment and deliverables. Providing support and advice to the team to ensure they meet deliverables and work within their scope.
- Be the point of contact. Promoting effective communication amongst the team, with the client and sub consultants.
- Attendance of regular project meetings.
- Sound understanding of records management systems
- Previous experience with Newforma and Aconex preferred
- Ability to check all documents prior to issue
- Experience archiving project record and documentation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word Skill
- Excellent InDesign Skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly resourceful
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as in a team
Grimshaw is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.