Computational Design Specialist
Design Technology | London | Full Time
Grimshaw is seeking a passionate and talented Computational Specialist to join our in-house Design Technology team. For this role, we are looking for candidates with a particular interest in data-driven approaches to design.
As well as work on a range of practice-wide initiatives including our workflow development and data-driven strategy, the candidate will also provide technical support and training directly to design teams where appropriate.
Additional aspects of the role include working alongside the office BIM and technology staff to deliver coordinated solutions, representing Grimshaw Design Technology both internally and externally, and contributing to the overall Design Technology agenda, including research and exploration into new technologies and innovations in the industry.
At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity and innovation and you can expect to work in a vibrant and fast paced environment. For all of our roles, strong communication skills and an appreciation of Grimshaw design ethos is crucial.
Skills and qualifications
- The ability to clearly articulate advanced computational concepts in an easily understandable manner
- A strong attention to detail
- Initiative and proactive working methodology
- Degree in architecture or computational design-based qualification
- 3+ years of proven computational design experience in a professional setting
Required technical skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience of 3D modelling software such as McNeel Rhinoceros
- Advanced knowledge and experience of visual programming software such as Grasshopper and Dynamo
- Experience with data-driven approaches and analytics is advantageous
- Experience with programming languages such as C#, Python is advantageous
- Experience with Autodesk Revit is advantageous, as well as interoperability between Rhino and Revit.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered for the successful candidate.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds and recognise that in order to be successful, we need to create an inclusive environment where everyone can realise their potential and succeed.
Any offer of employment with Grimshaw will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.