Communications and Marketing Manager
Comms | New York | Full Time | From $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 per year
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognize the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced communications and marketing manager to join the Grimshaw North America team. You will be joining a busy, professional team and work directly with the partners, principals and wider New York and Los Angeles studios in the delivering marketing strategies that support our sector and regional growth and specific initiatives.
JOB SUMMARY: This person will manage the communications, content and marketing to support campaigns and strategic initiatives of the New York and Los Angeles (North American) studios of Grimshaw. Specifically responsible for managing the practice’s PR activities coordinating with the media and working with the director of strategic marketing and communications, practice partners and principals to deliver a program aligned to project, people and campaign needs. Commands strong writing and presenting skills, able to provide guidance and take responsibility for delivering key content across different platforms to help elevate Grimshaw brand and differentiate the business.
We are looking for:
- Proven experience creating and rolling out communications strategies and campaigns.
- An individual who is adept at managing, finessing and placing key messages.
- A team leader who has the ability to deal with multiple stakeholders and/or line managers.
- Experience of working within a wider marketing and communications team.
- A fantastic communicator: great at writing, adept at presenting and effective when working with senior management.
- An inquisitive thinker – someone who can work with leaders to develop insightful and relevant thought leadership and messages
- Confidence and the ability to successfully manage the media and make informed decisions when required.
- A love for the architecture and design industry.
Experience in a similar sector advantageous.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.