Business Development Manager
Business Development | Sydney | Full Time | From $140,000.00 to $160,000.00 per year
Date posted: 21st July 2022
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognise the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
Grimshaw’s Sydney office is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with focus on both national and international markets. Your main responsibilities will be to ensure all business development activities, tender submissions and architectural competitions are processed in collaboration with graphics designers teams, external and internal communications teams both locally and internationally, all levels of management and architectural staff.
International business development activities are to be coordinated in collaboration with a network of 8 offices around the globe. The main international focus is France, Spain, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Singapore, China, India, Turkey etc.
You would also act as first point of contact for the practice and manage existing and potential new Client relationship.
Fluency (spoken and written) in English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese is highly desirable.
Previous experience within the architectural industry highly desirable as is the ability to work in an extremely high-pressured environment with every changing priorities and deadlines
Duties include but not restricted to:
- Lead the composition, coordination, production and delivery of bid documents with architectural teams, graphic designers, senior management, external consultants in multiple languages out of the Sydney office
- Monitor business development activities in coordination with all other studios globally.
- Act as a global ambassador for the practice researching and establishing connections into potential new project work in Australia and internationally/globally, and co-ordinating the involvement of local partners at appropriate times in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, London, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong.
- Use of multi-lingual skills to initiate new business contacts and new projects globally on behalf of the Sydney studio to encourage diversification, both geographically and in terms of Client basis.
- Active and independent global business development work on behalf of the Sydney office, the practice globally/internationally in all above mentioned languages
- Local/International/global key relationship management at highest level of seniority with understanding of contact ownership by individual Partners and their sensitivities.
Salary range: $140,000-$160,000
Applications closing date: 22nd August 2022