Business Development Manager
Business Development | New York | Full Time
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognise the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to join our New York Studio.
The Business Development Manager represents the practice in developing Grimshaw’s business vision and market presence through research, identifying new business opportunities, lead generation and client development strategies.
- With a strong understanding of Grimshaw’s business vision and market presence, represent the practice, targeting key organizations and individuals to generate new business opportunities
- Research and establish connections into potential new project work, in coordination with partners, principals and sector leads.
- Develops marketing strategy through market research, analysis and trends.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Play a key role in developing innovative and well-coordinated business development, reputation-building campaigns and client feedback programs.
- Assist in developing project pitches, and ensure consistency and quality across all sectors, in coordination with sector leads.
- Coordinate new business efforts with global marketing teams when necessary.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitor developments.
- Retains strong knowledge of cost areas, possible options for cost-savings, and optimizing conversion rate for opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven ability to collaborate with leadership on business planning and strategy to direct the growth of the practice
- Ability to build relationships, influence and engage with external and internal stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to form and convey compelling narratives that support overall business strategy
- Must be proactive, organized and resourceful, with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of demonstrated successful experience in business development in a strategic role
- Strong knowledge of the architectural and design industry; commitment to design excellence
Grimshaw is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.