Design Technology | New York | Full Time | From $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 per year
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognise the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
Grimshaw New York is seeking a passionate and talented BIM Coordinator is to support the Grimshaw architectural teams in the use of BIM tools and workflows on project work.
The BIM Coordinator is responsible for maintaining one or more project BIM models and associated project BIM support documents, to ensure the prescribed performance and quality levels satisfy specific project BIM requirements and Grimshaw BIM Standards. Core responsibilities of the BIM Coordinator role will span from initial project set-up, ensuring BIM models remain free from errors, to managing outputs & performing BIM coordination exercises.
The BIM Coordinator provides technical support directly to project teams and reports directly to the office BIM Manager, providing feedback on project teams requirements for training, workflows or content. This position includes hands-on project work.
- Advanced knowledge of & proven practical background in Autodesk Revit and related BIM software.
- Experience in model federation workflows using Navisworks/Solibri and based around IFC formats.
- Solid understanding of legacy BIM / CAD applications and practices, particularly AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with design applications such as McNeel Rhinoceros. Experience with interoperability with Revit beneficial.
- Additional knowledge of Dynamo/Grasshopper is highly beneficial.
- Additional knowledge of Bentley Microstation is beneficial.
- Additional knowledge of C# or Python programming languages and Revit API programming is beneficial.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates must be able to clearly articulate advanced concepts in a way that team members at all levels can understand.
- Candidates should possess the ability to teach others to understand and use BIM concepts and tools.
- Degree in Architecture or construction technology based qualification.
- Revit/Autodesk certification is beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to details is a must.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player with a proactive and problem solving methodology.
- Must possess at least 3+ years of relevant experience with Revit and BIM Concepts and at least 2 - 5 years of architecture experience.
- Experience of delivering projects to BIM standards and production of COBie datasets.
If successful, the candidate will have both local and global Design Technology responsibilities and fantastic opportunities for growth.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.