BIM Coordinator, Design Technology
Design Technology | New York | Full Time | From $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 per year
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognize the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
Grimshaw's New York studio is seeking a BIM Coordinator to support its architectural teams in the use of BIM tools and workflows on project work and contribute to the wider BIM capabilities of Grimshaw. This person will be expected to have a primarily project-focused view, sometimes across multiple projects, contribute to project discussions, explore and develop opportunities for Design Technology and contribute to local DT strategy internally and externally.
The BIM Coordinator will provide technical support directly to project team members and report to the Studio BIM Manager for North America, providing feedback on the team’s requirements for training, workflows or content.
Core responsibilities of the BIM Coordinator will span from initial project setup, maintaining project BIM models and associated project BIM support documents, performing BIM coordination exercises, clash detection and training project team members.
Additional responsibilities include monitoring the performance and quality levels of BIM models and ensuring they satisfy the prescribed project-specific BIM requirements and Grimshaw BIM standards.
The BIM Coordinator will also interface with the local studio through upskilling and training, and contribute towards/maintain global BIM standards.
Skills, Experience, and Competencies
• Advanced proven knowledge of Autodesk Revit and other relevant BIM authoring packages
• Experience with model federation and coordination is beneficial.
• Experience in delivering projects to BIM standards with relevant QA processes
• Familiarity with design applications such as Rhino. Experience with Revit interoperability is highly beneficial.
• Knowledge of Dynamo / Grasshopper is highly beneficial
• Knowledge of programming with C#, Python and Revit API is beneficial
• Degree in architecture, architectural technology, or another relevant subject
• Revit exam-based certification is beneficial
• Must have at least 3 years of relevant experience with Revit and BIM concepts
• Experience of delivering projects to relevant BIM standards (ISO19650, etc.)
• Experience with large scale projects and teams
• Must be able to clearly articulate advanced concepts in a way that team members of all levels can understand
• Should possess the ability to train teams in relevant workflows and software packages
• A methodical approach to problem-solving is required
• The ability to rapidly pick up new software skills as required is essential
• Must be highly organized with the ability to prioritize and balance workloads.
To apply, include a cover letter and resume clearly outlining your suitability for the role. Please also include your design portfolio as part of your application.
Please note that due to a large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Compensation range for this position is $75,000 - $95,000 depending on experience
Grimshaw is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.