Design Technology | Melbourne | Full Time
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognise the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
Grimshaw's Melbourne studio is seeking a passionate and talented BIM Coordinator to support architectural project teams in the use of BIM tools and workflows, specially Autodesk Revit.
The BIM Coordinator will provide technical support directly to project team members and report to the BIM Manager, providing feedback on the team’s requirements for training, workflows or content.
Core responsibilities of the BIM Coordinator will span from initial project setup, maintaining project BIM models and associated project BIM support documents, performing BIM coordination exercises, clash detection and training project team members.
Additional responsibilities include monitoring the performance and quality levels of BIM models and ensuring they satisfy the prescribed project-specific BIM requirements and Grimshaw BIM standards.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative and proactive working methodology
- Degree in Architecture or architectural technology-based qualification
- Methodical approach to problem-solving and ability to rapidly pick up new software skills
- 3+ years of relevant experience with Revit and BIM Coordination
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Autodesk Revit and related software & plugins.
- Knowledge of Dynamo/Grasshopper is highly beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience of legacy CAD applications and practices.
- Experience in delivering projects to BIM standards with validation and QA processes
- Familiarity with Common Data Environment practices is beneficial.
- Rhino to Revit interoperability is beneficial.
- Experience with large scale / complex projects.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.