Architectural | Los Angeles | Full Time | From $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 per year
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognise the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, proactive, and passionate Architectural Designer to join our Los Angeles studio. Our ideal candidate is curious, thoughtful, and designs with enthusiasm. They exhibit effective communication skills, professionalism, enjoys working collaboratively, and assumes accountability for deadlines and quality of work. The successful candidate will exhibit all-around architecture skills and design excellence.
What You Will Do:
- Contribute to the design of projects at different phases
- Have a project-focused view, sometimes across multiple projects
- Demonstrate design and technical aptitude
- Work in close cooperation with other members of Grimshaw project teams and our consultants
- Contribute to the work on design constraints, objectives, composition, materials and color, architectural volume, detail quality, and build quality resolution
Qualifications and Skills:
- 0-3 years’ architectural experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or equivalent, recent grads are welcome
- Fluent in Rhino, Grasshopper, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Strong Revit skills are a plus
- Strong graphic layout is a must
- Project experience in mid to large size projects is a plus
Applications will not be considered without a portfolio and work samples
Grimshaw is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.