School Foodservice Server/Prep full and part time- New Orleans
On-site Server | New Orleans, LA | Full Time
Gourmet Gorilla’s mission is to strive for a sustainable future for children by providing local and sustainable school meals and healthier eating options!
Location: New Orleans, LA
- Basic food prep
- Portioning a variety of food items
- Preparing meals for service at schools
- Ensure food quality standards are followed from delivery to re-therm to the presentation of the final product, in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service
- Committed to being punctual, adhering to the time and attendance policy
- Set up and break down of breakfast and lunch line layout
- Keep students informed of the scheduled menu and new items
- Receive student customer feedback, (food quality, likes and dislikes) and communicate information to management
- Basic record-keeping
- Able to identify and effectively communicate any concerns while being solution-oriented with issues that may affect food safety, quality and or the student customer experience.
- Assist at two campuses, located 7 minutes apart, depending on workload.
- Superior attention to detail required
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements
- Positive attitude, reliable, and flexible
- Enjoy being around children
- Must be able to lift at least 30lbs
- Strong communication skills
- Basic technology skills - will work with iPads, computers, etc.
- Clean background check
- SafeServe Certified a plus
- We are currently staffing for on call / seasonal positions
- School hours: Monday through Friday, 7am to 3:00pm (subject to change)
- Immeditate start
- Please send a resume and a short statement of why you are interested and qualified for the job
- Provide three references
Gourmet Gorilla is an Equal Opportunity Employer and require background checks. Candidates will be required to show proof of right to work. We are looking for professional, mature, committed employees.