Inventory Receiver for Sustainable Foodservice Company
Kitchen | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
Inventory Assistant for Gourmet Gorilla, School Food Service
The Inventory Assistant assists with the receiving of vendor deliveries, managing of food sensitive raw products, staging of raw ingredients for production teams, transferring of product between kitchen locations, staging of recipes for cook teams, and the staging of bulk products for deliveries the next day. The Inventory Assistant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness for all inventory dry and refrigerated storerooms and product locations. The Inventory Assistant works in both coolers and freezers so must be able to work in a temperature of 40 degrees F for 3 hours and -5 degrees F for a period of 35 minutes.
The Inventory Assistant must have exceptional attention to detail, have the ability to work at a high pace while ensuring accuracy of staged items, and must be able up to 50lbs regularly and use pallet jack, hand trucks, and other warehouse equipment. Must also be able to walk up and down stores multiple times a day while carrying products.
Please inquire with resume and cover letter. Background and drug testing will be conducted prior to employment.
- Assists in the receiving of raw goods and products from vendors.
- Putting away of raw product into item store rooms
- Staging of raw products for portioning teams.
- Staging of recipes and raw products for cook and prep teams
- Maintaining cleanliness of inventory store rooms which includes but is not limited to sweeping, mopping floors, and scrubbing shelving units.
- Transferring of product between different locations in the kitchen.
- Staging of bulk delivery items and milk products for next day delivery
- Perform end of the month inventory counts
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- Hours: 9am - 530pm (approx)
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Location: 1200 W Cermak
- Start: Immediately
- Pay: DOE - Hourly
- Applicant must be reliable, punctual, presentable
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs and occasionally climb stairs
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements
- Strong communication skills