Administrative | Rockville, MD | Full Time
The Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS®, one of the largest local REALTOR® associations in the U.S., represents more than 10,000 REALTOR® members from Washington, DC and Montgomery County, MD, as well as industry-related professionals who follow the real estate business. We are the local voice for real estate and we provide the resources for members to succeed. Our work, and the work of our members, is all about relationships. It is our goal to provide outstanding value and exceptional service, delivered with the highest level of professionalism, to our members and communities.
The Office Coordinator will function inside of multiple departments, including member services, education and events, and they will perform a wide variety of administrative support functions. This position will be the first face and/or voice that members encounter when calling or walking into our offices. Reporting to the Special Projects and Operations Manager, this position will float between departments to ensure all teams are staffed and have needed resources. The office coordinator will generally work in the Rockville office, but may be required to work in DC office when needed.
Note: While our offices are not currently open due to COVID-19, our store is open for curbside service. This position will be in the office up to full-time supporting curbside service and assisting with other administrative duties onsite.
- Serve as the frontline representative to answer member phone calls and greet in-person
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner with colleagues, members and general public
- Troubleshoot members’ needs to find a resolution in a positive, professional way
- Be competent in basic member services, education, and events work
- Support the member store, including the curbside pickup program and eventual in-person sales
- Process new member applications and assist with annual dues billing needs
- Update and maintain accurate information in various databases
- Assist with members’ SentriLock card, SentriKey app and lockbox needs
- Ensure the Member Services Director is apprised of all member concerns or issues
- Monitor continuing education classes in our physical and/or virtual classroom
- Track attendance for members and non-members in classes
- Report credits to the Maryland, DC, and Virginia real estate commissions and track license information
- Ensure the Education Manager is apprised of all member concerns or issues
- Maintain general inventory of basic office, classroom, member services and breakroom supplies, and order supplies when stock gets low
- Ensure organization and cleanliness of stockrooms and storage areas
- Ensure the Operations Manager is apprised of all concerns or issues
- Staff events as needed, including setup, registration, and cleanup
- May be required to occasionally work on Saturdays
- Other duties as assigned
- Self-starter who can seamlessly transition between departments and balance simultaneous responsibilities
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional customer service skills, specifically effective communication and patience
- Great sense of humor
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite; experience with databases a plus
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 20 pounds
Please include salary requirement in your cover letter.
**Applicants cannot hold an active real estate license. If you want to be considered for employment, you would have to put the license on “Inactive” status prior to employment.