Ethics Complaint and Arbitration Process Coordinator
Administrative | Rockville, MD | Full Time
The Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS®, one of the largest local REALTOR® associations in the U.S., represents more than 10,000 REALTOR® members from Washington, DC and Montgomery County, MD, as well as industry-related professionals who follow the real estate business. We are the local voice for real estate and we provide the resources for members to succeed. Our work, and the work of our members, is all about relationships. It is our goal to provide outstanding value and exceptional service, delivered with the highest level of professionalism, to our members and communities.
The Ethics Complaint and Arbitration Process Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Professional Standards and Grievance Committees by the dissemination of ethics/arbitration materials and information to the committees, the membership, and to the public in order to uphold and enforce the Code of Ethics. Process all telephone, oral and written complaints from inception until either dismissal or the full hearing and appeal process has been completed. This person may also assist other departments with administrative assistance.
Ethics Complaint and Arbitration Process Functions
- Oversee all aspects of and serve as primary contact on all of the following matters related to the grievance process as required by NAR’s Core Standards
- Process all requests for arbitration, mediation, ethics citation and /or ethics complaints in a timely manner.
- Process all requests for ombudsman assistance in a timely manner.
- Offers impartial guidance on the professional standards complaint and arbitration process to consumers, members and others.
- Accurately and in a timely manner prepare association, incoming multi-board and inter-board cases for grievance committee review on a monthly basis.
- Consistently maintain organized files for active and archived cases and inquiries, including but not limited to the maintenance of phone and email customer service between member offices, NAR, neighboring boards and other association staff members.
- Gather hearing panels, attends and facilitates hearings to provide administrative support and guidance to hearing panels.
- Gather and maintain professional standards statistics for internal and external dissemination.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Grievance and Professional Standards Committees.
- Lead scheduling and promotion of member and committee trainings.
- Lead professional standards related trainings for membership.
- Other duties as assigned.
Member Services Assistance
- Answer member phone calls, navigate questions, provide answers or route to proper department.
- Answer email questions that come from members to Member Services email box.
- Fill in at the Rockville, MD or DC Member Services office as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in a nonprofit or association environment is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to read, analyze, write, edit reports according to prescribed style/format and correspond with members.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, peers, volunteers customers and the general public.
- Ability to meet deadlines, as well as the ability to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, reason and solve problems.
- Ability to develop and use spreadsheets, business software systems, and databases.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
**Applicants cannot hold an active real estate license. If you want to be considered for employment, you would have to put the license on “Inactive” status prior to employment.
Compensation: $54,000 - $57,000 plus a generous benefits package.