Education | Rockville, MD | Full Time
The Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS®, one of the largest local REALTOR® associations in the U.S., represents more than 10,000 REALTOR® members from Washington, DC and Montgomery County, MD, as well as industry-related professionals who follow the real estate business. We are the local voice for real estate and we provide the resources for members to succeed. Our work, and the work of our members, is all about relationships. It is our goal to provide outstanding value and exceptional service, delivered with the highest level of professionalism, to our members and communities.
The Education Manager will be primarily responsible for GCAAR’s educational offerings, including education and training delivery, registration, data compilation, reports, and accreditation while delivering the highest quality and member service. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and be based in our Rockville office and occasionally need to work out of the DC office. The Education Manager will manage a team of two, one based in Rockville and one in DC,.
This is a full-time position for a highly organized, self-motivated individual with strong people skills. This person will deliver the association’s education activities, including continuing education, professional development, webinars and special events.
**Applicants cannot hold an active real estate license. If you want to be considered for employment, you would have to put the license on “Inactive” status prior to employment.
- Manage continuing education and professional development activities, including approval of instructors and courses.
- Serve as bridge between instructors, students and the Maryland, DC and Virginia Real Estate Commissions. Submits courses for, processes rosters from completed classes and provides students with certificates of completion.
- In coordination with the Chief Operating Officer and the Education Committee, identify and select speakers and sessions for annual convention, seminars, and other outreach.
- Distribute, coordinate and collect instructor agreements, course outlines, speaker information and materials. Organize educational content for marketing campaigns and coordinate with the communications team to execute.
- Plan and produce educational and sponsored webinars.
- Maintain education information in the database and on the association’s website. Create, update and maintain education-related web pages and the CE and non-CE calendar on the website.
- Conceive, plan and execute the educational components at the annual convention. Order materials, plaques and other awards. Handle meeting logistics, provide on-site management, and coordinate badge scanning at CE sessions.
- Compile evaluations of instructors and GCAAR educational offerings and prepare summary reports.
- Coordinate promotion of educational offerings with the Communications Department.
- Serve as liaison for Education Committee and assist with other committees, as needed. Produce meeting minutes and handle follow-up from committee calls and meetings.
- Serve as member service contact, field inquiries from current and prospective students, answer questions about the educational programs, and respond to member/customer requests in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations for department and program improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field.
- Three to five years professional work experience. Experience in education and training planning desired.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and proofreading skills.
- Self-confident team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service provider and oriented to solve problems.
- Developing knowledge of learning/instructional processes and program planning.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and databases, Rapitone desired.
- Effective project management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Able to meet time-sensitive deadlines, multitask, and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to lift and move heavy items to facilitate events.
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend work.
- Must have own transportation and ability to work in Rockville and DC office as well as broker offices across our service area.
Compensation is between $60,000 and $70,000, plus a generous benefit package.