Warehouse Customer Service Representative
Customer Service | City of Industry, CA | Full Time
At Source Logistics, we specialize in offering customized logistics and supply chain solutions in US markets such as: Full Service Warehousing, Order Processing, E-commerce Fulfillment, Marketing Fulfillment, Digital Printing, Complete Transportation Solutions and Information/Data Supply Chain Services.
We cater our array of services to multiple types of industries such as: food and beverage, apparel, retail, health and beauty, medical, industrial, technology, financial and others. Our mission is to help US and foreign-based companies expand and offer their services to their US customers. We help companies from all over North America, South America, Europe and Asia increase their market presence in the US through competitive supply chain solutions.
We have over 1.7 million square feet of warehouse space, strategically located throughout the US to provide our clients the ability to easily service their customers. Our warehouses are located in Brea, and Los Angeles, CA; N. Monroe, NJ; Portland, OR; Houston and Laredo TX.
Customer Service Job Description
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Department: Customer Service
Salary/Hourly rate: $17.00 per hour
Summary Serves customers by providing information; responding to requests; resolving problems; collecting revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides information to customers by verifying understanding of request; answering questions; offering assistance.
• Provide information for and request setup of new product numbers.
• Train clients as needed or requested regarding WMS (Velocity).
• Correspond with clients via email as much as possible so that requested are documented. If clients make requests via the phone, ask them to follow up with an email.
• Monitor Redline reports and communicate any problems to client.
• Monitor items on back order and keep clients apprised of the situation.
• Check for outstanding shipments on a daily basis. Communicate with the appropriate people to determine how to resolve the issues. Keep client informed as needed.
• Generated the inbounds in our system WMS (Velocity) and print the LPN’s labels.
• Generated the outbound (Orders) in our system for those customers who request this service.
• Quality check the lists from orders by making sure the quantities match for the number of orders, line items and total quantity of items.
• Assist with any reporting needs as requested by clients. For example, inventory balances, big export, etc. Help them to understand how they can do these themselves using WMS (Velocity).
• Scanning and uploading the shipments or proof of loading (POD’s) into our system.
• Keep neat, complete, and orderly records for billing.
• Invoice special projects as soon as they are completed.
• Invoice monthly jobs at the middle and end of each month.
• Responds to customer inquiries by understanding inquiry; reviewing previous inquiries and responses; gathering and researching information; assembling and forwarding information; verifying customer's understanding of information and answer.
• Determines customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; visiting operational environments; analyzing information and applications.
• Initiates service by recording requests; forwarding to operations.
• Resolves billing problems by identifying the problem; explaining procedures; forwarding required adjustments.
• Improves quality results by evaluating processes; recommending changes.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes customer service and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Responsible for project management for existing clients and futures projects.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities Identifies additional duties and responsibilities that are not essential.
• Work in partnership with Warehouse Manager to control costs and increase revenue.
• Improves customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of WMS processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.