Customer Service Team Lead
Customer Service | City of Industry, CA | Full Time
At Source Logistics, we specialize in offering customized logistics and supply chain solutions in US markets such as: Full Service Warehousing, Order Processing, E-commerce Fulfillment, Marketing Fulfillment, Digital Printing, Complete Transportation Solutions and Information/Data Supply Chain Services.
We cater our array of services to multiple types of industries such as: food and beverage, apparel, retail, health and beauty, medical, industrial, technology, financial and others. Our mission is to help US and foreign-based companies expand and offer their services to their US customers. We help companies from all over North America, South America, Europe and Asia increase their market presence in the US through competitive supply chain solutions.
We have over 1.7 million square feet of warehouse space, strategically located throughout the US to provide our clients the ability to easily service their customers. Our warehouses are located in Brea, and Los Angeles, CA; N. Monroe, NJ; Portland, OR; Houston and Laredo TX.
SUMMARY: Supports and coordinates activities and operations of customer service department and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports CSR Manager with organizing, directing, and monitoring daily activities of customer service representatives.
- Supports CSR Manager with workload distribution to customer service team; assists with monitoring and reviews performance.
- Monitors service calls to observe customer service representatives’ demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies; provides feedback as needed.
- Monitors and analyzes productivity of customer service representatives; generates reports based on analysis.
- Fields questions from customer service representatives and clients; recommends corrective services to address customer complaints.
- Assists CSR Manager with procedures, prepares and coordinates schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Compiles status and work-volume reports for management.
- Maintains records of customer service requests and complaints.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge product information.
- Prepares reports and correspondence as needed.
- Performs customer service representative duties as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Assists CSR Manager with the supervision of employees within the customer service department.
- Assists CSR Manager with supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent, two to four years related experience, or
- equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills--Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Leadership--Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People--Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Cost Consciousness--Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity--Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support--Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking--Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.