Vice President, Sales
Sales | Remote, OR | Full Time
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Vice President, Sales
At its core, FreeWire seeks to impact the market by advancing next generation technology that will enable sustainable electrification for electric vehicle drivers and end-use power consumers. FreeWire employees have the conviction to persevere, and the courage to pursue innovative solutions. There is no better place to work if you are committed to rolling up your sleeves, with like-minded individuals, in a highly dynamic environment to influence market outcomes through collaboration and ingenuity. At FreeWire, we believe we are revolutionizing access to power that is equitable and reliable.
- Operate as the General Manager for the North America market and deliver on revenue targets, taking full accountability for the team’s performance
- Work closely with the VP Sales and Marketing to develop the plan and metrics for team growth expectations
- Hire, manage, and develop team of approximately 7 members to attract and retain high performing individuals and double the team size by the end of 2022
- Maximize the value of our reseller and channel program to develop this vertical without eroding margins
- Oversee and support contract negotiation with key accounts
- Be an active participant in supporting business development opportunities and hit team and personal quotas
- Assess and approve pricing proposals to advance margin objectives and revenue targets in support of FreeWire’s business strategy
- Lead the development of sales playbooks for hardware and software
- Work with the regulatory team to qualify grant programs and support the development of the winning narrative in our application submittal
- Collaborate with marketing to generate compelling content for target verticals
- Work with Sales Operations to prioritize customer delivery, onboarding, and other services
- 12 + years of related experience in Sales or business development (experience with energy storage, EV charging or renewable generation a plus)
- Successful execution of a leadership role with within a start-up or new business unit
- Ability to manage near-term deliverables while putting in place plans for longer term success
- Dedication to customer satisfaction – going above and beyond expectations
- A team player able to mentor and train colleagues on managing all aspects of a complex sales process, including timely documentation and reporting
- Obsession for managing and improving sales processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, capable of connecting and relating well to individuals at all levels of an organization with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to present to both colleagues and customers
- Strong business acumen with the ability to balance competing feature requests, customer demands, and development resources
- Ability to work in a very fast-moving environment while remaining calm and mission-focused
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.