IT Services | Monterey, CA | Full Time
Fathom 4 is the kind of defense services company that you've always wanted to work with... and for. We really strive to take care of all the people we support, from our employees, our clients, our troops, and our community. We are in the people business and that principle is what drives our culture. We want to hire people for a career, not a just a certain project.
If we concentrate on genuinely taking care of you, we know you will do what you can to care for the client. Fathom 4 will continue to grow if we ensure to build teams that feel the same way.
- Analyze current processes and recommend continuous improvements at a major data center for the US Navy.
- Support client in the development of a new process for Technology Transition Planning to support the current operational programs.
- Track and guide transitioning technologies via a configuration management system
- Gather, analyze, and display metrics for management evaluation.
- Develop supporting documentation, graphs, meeting notes, and reports
- Position is permanent in Monterey, California.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, IT, System Engineering, Engineering, Meteorology, Physics, etc., plus 2 years of Technical/Process Improvement experience is required.
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Office Products is required and may be demonstrated during the interview.
- A writing test may be administered during the interview.
- Must be able to attain a DoD Secret clearance AND have the ability to keep that clearance throughout the period of performance.
- Candidate must have excellent writing and organizational skills with the ability to recognize grammatical and formatting errors in documents. Real attention to detail is very important.
- Candidate must be able to complete assignments under constantly changing and tight deadlines, and work with a team.
- Candidate should be articulate, tactful, and present well. Must be able to deal directly with mid-grade and senior government and military officials, and understand protocol.
- Must have superior organizational and writing skills
- Prior military experience a big plus!
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT management a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt, CMMI experience, or ITIL certification a plus.
- Current Secret clearance a big plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD Command, Control, Computing, Communication and Intelligence (C4I) is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint; and Integrated Development Environments (IDE) are a plus.