Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Define, design and develop any software system around the Edmunds.com user experience balancing urgency, business processes, system quality and innovation. Do your best work with a distributed team centered out of a Santa Monica office
- Passion for learning. You will not be restricted in what problems will be addressed by your pre-existing mix of skill-sets.
- Openness to improvement. You get better through feedback. You seek opportunities for that feedback all throughout the organization, but especially rely on your team.
- Engineering. You apply math, process, experience, and imagination to the invention, improvement, and maintenance of robust and scalable systems that delight your users.
- Recognition of done. You believe that work is complete when it is live, making your users lives better, tested to protect your business and instrumented for when things go wrong.
- Communication. You know that the best solutions require constructively and persuasively expressing ideas amongst people with diverse interests and have the confidence to bring your experience to the arena.
- You have delivered products that required you to write code.
- You have worked inside of a team inclusive of diverse opinions and experience.
- You have learned something new that improved your ability to execute in your current role in the last six months.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
A Few Of The Perks:
· Results Only Work Environment (ROWE): we celebrate results, not hours worked; you’re empowered to manage your schedule in order to integrate work and life so that neither gets neglected
· Flexible Time Away From Work: no more counting your vacation days! You can take what you need – as long as your work gets done.
· Trip Ca$h: paid paid vacation! Edmunds will give you $500 towards your next vacation.
· Competitive Pay & Fantastic Benefits: 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?), great coverage, and subsidized gym memberships. We could tell you all of our benefits but then we’d have to hire you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.