Relationship Manager, Chicago
Sales (Dealer) | Chicago, IL | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 20 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The B2B Field Relationship Manager’s core roles are to increase company sales, retain dealers, and use consultation techniques to improve dealer and company performance. Managing a set book of business that is generated by the field sellers, the relationship manager is the point person for the dealer. The Relationship Manager forwards all dealer technical issues to Dealer Operations and concentrates on performing outbound consultation meetings with their dealers. The Relationship Manager analyzes current dealer spend and determines products that will increase dealers’ current share of wallet. Utilizing CRM data mapping tools, the Relationship Manager dissects their territory based on multiple data points to prioritize upsell opportunities and increase team efficiencies. The Relationship Manager researches dealer product usage and tailors retention visits to prove Edmunds’ value. The position also creates customized and personalized content that they train to each new dealer. The Relationship Manager also studies their territory for patterns, themes, and challenges. The findings are compiled and shared with Dealer Operations, Product, Marketing, and Sales to develop better efficiencies, address gaps in service, and improve products.
What You’ll Do:
● Achieve and exceed monthly sales/renewal goals as set by management
● Accountable for maintaining an assigned base of dealers to retain their current “core” business (1/3 of their bonus structure) and expanding their product portfolio
● Responsible for increasing a dealer’s “share of wallet” by upselling them into more products which affects 2/3 of their bonus structure.
● Onboard new dealers after they are sold by field Account Executives and installed by Dealer Operations by conducting Launch Trainings
● Conduct consultative “Optimization Analysis” to new dealers, discovering areas to improve their product usage
● Conduct “Check ins” to dealer principals and general managers, proving the value Edmunds is delivering to the dealer
● Utilizing MapAnything to strategically improve territory upsell penetration
● Discover and document patterns, themes, and challenges being seen and heard in your territory. Sharing and collaborating with other teams to determine better methods or products to improve the Edmunds’ experience for our dealers
● Responsible for updating relevant customer information - including but not limited to activity, funnel, opportunity updates, and maintenance of monthly goals with Salesforce CRM
● Quickly learn about and adapt to new products and services
● Handle minor technical issues for dealers and pass more advanced issues to account managers in Dealer Operations
- Each Relationship Manager needs to be self-motivated and a self-starter because each upsell situation is different
- Dealers are consistently busy and may not have time to return your phone call. A Relationship Manager needs to be persistent and maintain consistent visits and follow up regularly
- Some dealers who are questioning their results may become passionate. A Relationship Manager must have the confidence in the Edmunds’ product and the ability to defuse heated conversations.
What You Need:
● High School diploma, GED or equivalent education and 3 years of related experience
● 1 - 3 years sales and relationship management experience with an emphasis on retention sales.
● Prior account management or sales experience with a history of working to retain and grow existing accounts
● Ability to work independently and think strategically regarding customer account retention and development
● Must be able to be flexible and adapt to each sales and selling interaction with a dealer
● Strong oral and written communication, analytical, problem solving and closing skills
● Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
● Automotive industry experience
● Experience in a quota-based sales environment
● Demonstrated stable track record of success in Sales
● Previous experience selling to automotive customer base
● Previous experience forecasting sales revenue
● Proficiency in Salesforce CRM
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we’ve been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal (for the last 5 years!), Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.