Manager, Corporate Strategy
Strategy | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Edmunds Corporate Strategy team is a high impact, highly visible team that develops and drives the long-term strategic vision of Edmunds, evaluates new opportunities, and launches strategic initiatives across all businesses and functions. The Corporate Strategy team leads efforts across product strategy, new business opportunities, M&A opportunities, and the annual strategic planning process. The Corporate Strategy Manager is responsible for identifying areas of opportunity within the business, evaluating and analyzing these opportunities, and working with the strategy team and senior executives to develop recommendations and execution plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with senior executives to develop Edmunds’ long-term strategy and initiatives
- Identify and evaluate organic growth opportunities and M&A opportunities
- Evaluate and size ad-hoc opportunities identified by business partners or external parties
- Drive the implementation of strategic initiatives across key business priorities
- Advise Edmunds’ senior leaders and the business on critical questions and decisions
- Provide strategic perspectives on critical questions on the business, industry, and competitive landscape
- Develop rigorous, fact-based analysis to support recommendations
- Build and maintain knowledge of key trends in the automotive and tech industries to inform and shape Edmunds’ positioning in the market and strategic initiatives
- Help craft critical corporate or partner-facing communication and presentations to deliver clear, compelling stories
What You Need:
- 2-5 Years of strategy or finance experience, such as investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or internal strategy/corporate development
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Superior analytics skills with ability to translate analyses into implications and the “so-what” for the business
- Experience in developing and testing hypotheses through structured inquiry and analysis
- Strong financial modeling skills and experience in evaluating investment opportunities; previous M&A experience is a plus
- Interest and demonstrated ability in identifying areas of opportunity within businesses and developing clear, executable solutions
- Strong executive presence and communication skills, both written and oral
- Courage to stand up for own perspective, even when it may not be the most common opinion
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with range of people with different styles, backgrounds, and experiences and to drive these teams to action, even without formal authority
- History of being a team player who quickly builds trust and credibility through relationships
- Tech or automotive experience preferred
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.