Operations | Oakland, CA | Full Time
About Eden Enterprises:
Eden Enterprises is a vertically integrated cannabis company with expanding interests in retail, cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and intellectual property. Eden Enterprises hosts a number of operations comprising Garden of Eden (dispensary brand), Eden Infusions (distribution/manufacturing), Terpene Belt Farms (hemp cultivation) and Terpene Belt Processing (hemp processing). Our network of experience brought to the table by cannabis business veterans, both founding members and external partners, provides the basis for vertical integration across the entire cannabis and hemp supply chains.
The Security Manager is responsible for the overall design and management of Eden’s security across all verticals and facilities as detailed below. This position reports directly to the Director of Cannabis Operations with coordination from the Directors Licensing, Cannabis Operations, and Director of Growth and Expansion. The Security Manager is an individual who can pay a great amount of attention to detail and exercise excellent communication. This position is an important part of the team and will contribute greatly to our success.
- Help design, oversee, update, and serve as the security POC / liaison across all Eden operations and facilities.
- Oversee and manage the development, implementation, and optimization of training protocols.
- Responsible for state and local compliance related to required Security for all facilities, cannabis and non-cannabis specific.
- Ensure the Security Department is following all proper protocols, including monitoring the cameras, fire alarms, the physical patrolling of our properties, recognition of items for proper written documentation of all security-related incidents, dispatching, and completing various logs/files on a daily basis.
- Serve as Security Liaison and Point of Contact for all local jurisdictions and security systems. Responsible to be available 24/7 and respond appropriately to all requests for emergency and non-emergency assistance in a professional manner.
- Conduct security audits to understand security vulnerabilities and weaknesses. Draft a report and design plan to correct deficiencies.
- Review, modify and update as needed Eden facility security SOPs.
- Design and author RFP-grade security plans for Future Eden locations
- Lead internal investigation after security breaches.
- Own the internal and external (with local law enforcement) employee background check and clearance process as part of onboarding in coordination with HR.
- Ensure staff is conducting daily hazard assessments and situational patrol adjustments.
- Ensure that security staff keeps the work area clean, neat, and organized.
- Assist and attend meetings regarding security with various Eden departments.
- Ensure that all safety and security supplies are well stocked and maintained.
- Complete work or special projects as assigned.
- Hire, train and promote Eden security staff.
- This position will be housed out of our Corporate Office in downtown Oakland. The job will require frequent travel up to 60% or more to operational facilities.
- Required - 6+ years of senior leadership and management.
- Strongly Preferred - Military Background or prior Law Enforcement.
- Preferred - Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related Law Enforcement, or Security.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Security Credentials (ASIS - Management Security, etc.)
- Must be able to achieve certification for First Aid, CPR, and AED
Eden Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer, and do not unlawfully discriminate against, make employment decisions, or permit harassment based on perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, age sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S Military or veteran status, salary history, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Eden is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities, including by not limited to the Fair Pay Act, FEHA, and all applicable laws and ordinances regarding conviction and arrest history.