Senior Accountant (CA2)
Headquarters | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Part Time
Senior Accountant - Curo Pet Care HQ
The Senior Accountant is responsible for delivering value and accounting services to Curo Pet Care’s portfolio of veterinary hospitals. The role offers growth and exposure by offering back-office support to multiple locations.
The Senior Accountant works closely with our Director of Finance, as well as others at Curo Pet Care, to handle accounting transactions across several hospitals.
The ideal candidate possesses a solid operational and technical accounting background, strong communication skills, and the proven ability to juggle priorities and work proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter and flexible; has a high level of integrity; is action and goal-oriented; and is comfortable in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment. The Senior Accountant must be able to prioritize and multi-task as they will be involved with each area of the accounting cycle.
Accounting & Reporting
- Process AP, GL, inventory, payroll and perform bank reconciliations
- Prepare reconciliation schedules for balance sheet accounts such as: prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and accrued liabilities
- Assist in preparation of financial statements (Balance Sheet, P&L, and Cash Flow) through the month-end close process
- Review and troubleshoot inventory management and COGS issues
- Prepare local compliance filings, business property tax, business licenses and 1099s
- Assist with financial/accounting and governmental audits
The Ideal Candidate
- Located in the Bay area, our office located downtown San Francisco
- At least 3 years of operational accounting experience
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experienced in QBO and related software tools
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, IQ, and EQ
Your eye for seeing the big picture will be essential in providing your input on improving the overall workflow and business process of the accounting function. Your superior attention to detail, strong organizational skills and flexibility in a high energy environment will go a long way to helping you be successful in our rapidly growing company.
Generous Vacation Pay, Medical Benefits, 401K,
About Curo Pet Care:
Curo Pet Care is a family-owned veterinary services company founded in 2015. We are based in San Francisco with operations in California, the Pacific Northwest, and Rocky Mountains. We collaborate with entrepreneurial DVMs, Practice Managers and other leaders in the veterinary industry to build and operate best-in-class small animal hospitals. Our goal is to be the go-to partner for hospital owners, empowering them to provide industry-leading service and care to their clients and patients.