Engineering | Islamabad, Pakistan | Full Time
Convo is hiring for a DevOps Manager!
This key leadership role will play a critical part in the development and maintenance of Convo's amazingly diverse enterprise collaboration and communication platform.
Location: Islamabad, PK
Application deadline: 25 January, 2021 (Interviews may start before deadline)
- Lead and manage the DevOps team.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement and automation along with day-to-day management of DevOps Engineers ensuring 24x7 service availability, and monitoring.
- Managing & maintaining Linux/Windows based cloud infrastructure for testing & production environments on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Design, write and deliver solution to improve infrastructure automation, availability, reliability, scalability, security, resilience and efficiency of distributed build services.
- Translate standard Services provided by Cloud Providers to Cloud Agnostic platform/deployments.
- Building high-quality metrics and monitoring logic to enable capacity planning, performance analysis, automated incident creation, and scale-out of distributed, multi-service workflows
- Maintaining continuous integration by automating build process and automating any repeating tasks to facilitate development teams
- Proficient in source control and repository management tools to facilitate parallel development activities. Ensuring smooth operations on productions and uninterrupted services during releases and production deployments.
Skills & Qualification
- BS/MS in Computer Science/IT from a well-reputed institution. Relevant professional certifications and trainings will be an advantage.
- Around 10 years of experience in DevOps with at least 3+ years in team management.
- Experience with GCP services like Compute Engine, CloudSQL, Google Cloud Storage etc. or other IAAS providers like Microsoft azure, Oracle cloud, IBM cloud, etc.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Dockers, Pods, Kubernetes etc.)
- Hands on experience with at least one of the monitoring tools such as Sensu, Monit, Nagios, Zabbix.
- Ability to quickly learn, adopt and/or adapt to work with automation and monitoring tools.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet or Ansible would be an added advantage.
- Application servers deployment, configuration and tuning experience (Apache, Tomcat, Apache James SMTP server).
- Experience with build systems and tools for CI/CD like Jenkins, GoCD.
- Shell, Python scripting & familiarity with Gradle, Ant or Groovy for automation activities.
- Exceptional communication, problem solving, critical thinking and debugging skills with a flair to automate mundane and rudimentary operations.
Convo endorses a culture of diversity in all aspects and aims to build a diverse team of amazing individuals!