Internal Application: DevOps Engineer
Engineering | Islamabad, Pakistan | Full Time
Convo is hiring for a DevOps Engineer to join our awesome team and deliver a streamlined user experience for Convo's powerful enterprise communication & collaboration suite with rising technologies to work with!
Location: Islamabad, PK
Application Deadline: 16 April 2021 - Interviews may start before deadline
• Managing & maintaining Linux/Windows based cloud infrastructure for test & production environments on Google Cloud Platform.
• Design, write and deliver solution to improve infrastructure automation, availability, reliability, scalability, security, resiliency, and efficiency of distributed build services.
• Building high-quality metrics and monitoring logic to enable capacity planning, performance analysis, automated incident creation, and scale-out of distributed, multi- service workflows
• Maintaining continuous integration by automating build process and automating any repeating tasks to facilitate development teams
• Proficient in source control and repository management tools to facilitate parallel development activities, - branches merging and application release Ensuring smooth operations on productions and uninterrupted services during releases and production deployments.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable institution.
• At least 3 years of experience in DevOps
• Experience with GCP services like Compute Engine, CloudSQL, Google Cloud Storage etc. or other IAAS providers like Microsoft azure, Oracle cloud, IBM cloud, etc.
• Experience with containerization (Docker) and container orchestration will be a plus
• Hands on experience with at least on of the monitoring tools such as Sensu, Monit,
• Ability to quickly learn, adopt and/or adapt to work with automation and monitoring
• Experience with automation and configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet or
Ansible would be an added advantage.
• Application servers deployment, configuration and tuning experience (Apache, Tomcat, Apache James SMTP server).
• Experience with build systems and tools for CI/CD like Jenkins, GoCD.
• Shell, Python scripting & familiarity with Gradle, Ant or Groovy for automation
• Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, debugging skills with a flare to automate
mundane and rudimentary operations.
• Great communication and problem solving skills and a drive for continuous learning and improvement.
What We Have For You
Great compensation package, medical benefits for you and your family, an opportunity to participate in company stock ownership plans, meals, on-premises gym, frequent performance-tied increments and performance recognition awards and a great lean and agile work culture!