Automation Lead (Software Quality Assurance)
Quality Assurance | Islamabad, Pakistan | Full Time
The Automation Lead (SQA) will join our awesome team and deliver a streamlined, quality and high-performing user experience for Convo's powerful enterprise communication & collaboration suite!
Location: Islamabad, PK (permanent, non-remote)
Application Deadline: 23 April, 2021 - Interviews may start before this date
Lead the QA automation team to deliver automation as a valuable quality assurance service within the organization. Augment the QA delivery through automation tests that save time and expand test coverage for builds going into production. Additionally, performance testing the system with every optimization to ensure expected application performance at scale.
- Experience interacting with and presenting to managers and Sr. Leadership across multiple disciplines including QA, Development, Architecture, and Business Partners.
- Ensure consistency and quality in automated testing delivery.
- Apply technical expertise and understanding of current industry best practices to assist in defining automation strategy, and to drive forward strategic initiatives.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements, and design test coverage plan for automation, load and stress testing.
- Use advanced knowledge of applications to provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving highly complex testing challenges.
- Support and maintenance of the test automation process and framework.
- Develop effective test data management strategies for automated test suites.
- Execute and evaluate automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined Product guidelines, processes and escalate potential quality issues immediately to Product Management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional, non-functional and architecture requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Represent team in test reviews.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced staff, and assist in the development of automation skills for all team members, including manual testers
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/IT from a reputable institution or related field. 6+ years of experience in Automation.
- 2+ years of experience as an Automation Team Lead or in other QA leadership roles.
- Must be proficient in Selenium grid, J-meter, and Webdrive.io framework
- development capabilities in Node.js, Groovy and Java.
- Must have a proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Understanding of, and applied experience testing applications across a range of technologies including web, mobile, batch processing, web services and messaging, mainframe, and reporting.
WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU
Great compensation package, medical benefits for you and your family, an opportunity to participate in a thriving company's stock ownership plans, meals, on-premises gym, frequent performance-tied increments and performance recognition awards, and a great lean and agile work culture!