Accounting | Greenwood Village, CO | Full Time
City Light & Power (CLP) is a company at the forefront of the modern-day electric utility industry. We support the Federal Government in the area of military installations and their electrical distribution systems, as well as with local municipalities in the area of street lighting systems.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Work Location: CLP Corporate Office, Greenwood Village, CO
Employment Type: Full Time – Salaried
The Sr. Accountant role is to perform general accounting, reporting, and analysis duties while working with the Accounting and Finance team to meet the financial needs of the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- General Accounting Duties:
- Assists with balancing the subsidiary ledger and accounts receivable ledger to the general ledger
- Calculate allowance for bad debt
- Ensure that revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities are recorded correctly in the general ledger.
- Reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Assists with preparation of journal entries and financial reports for month end close
- Assist with Accounts Payable as needed
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and post transactions to general ledger and job cost ledger.
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices, expense reports, and other obligations.
- Coordinate W-9 collection and 1099 reporting.
- Assist with Payroll as needed
- Review timesheets and payroll entries
- Union dues, fringe benefits, and payroll tax reconciliations
- Assist with Accounts Receivable as needed
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and post transactions
- Assist with collection efforts
- Ensure that the accounting records follow the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) for modified or full CAS covered federal contracts as well as recording costs in accordance with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Uniform System of Accounts
- For compliance with our federal government contracts, an understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is necessary to allow for correct classification of costs that are unallowable.
- Interface with purchasing.
- Tracking, reporting, and ensuring timely payment on state use taxes
- Other duties as assigned.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Five to seven years of accounting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Industry experience in construction, electrical contracting, utilities, or related field
- Experience in Federal Contracting
- Ability to multitask and perform under pressure.
- Payroll experience preferred
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills are essential.
- Advanced Level in Microsoft Excel as well as Proficient in other Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new processes and technology.
- Working knowledge of Federal Government accounting regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards Boards (CASB), and/or Federal Energy Regulation Commission (FERC)
- Experience with construction accounting software such as Sage or Spectrum.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time exempt position. Office hours of work are Monday through Friday.
- No travel is expected.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Benefits & Compensation:
- CLP offers an excellent benefits package including; health, dental, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and holidays. For more details, refer to the current year Benefits Packet.
- Salary: $55,000 - $75,000 based on experience
- we reserve the right to pay more or less than the posted salary range based on factors unrelated to sex.
To learn more visit our website at www.clpinc.com
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.