Senior UX Researcher
Product Management | Remote - United States | Full Time | From $135,000.00 to $170,000.00 per year
Circadence® Corporation is a market leader in cybersecurity education and training. Project Ares by Circadence is an award-winning platform that provides hands-on cybersecurity labs that enhance competency-based education for teachers and reinforce readiness objectives for trainers. Its authentic library of threat scenarios are immersive and reflect contemporary threat incidents. Learners use real security tools, tactics, and procedures in Project Ares to perform offensive and defensive activities, build cybersecurity skills, and develop competencies on-demand.
Come be a cultural leader and help the Project Ares team grow a young research practice and influence product development through insight and evidence. Our cross-department leadership team has aligned on the need for strong customer representation, deeper relationships and an accurate understanding of customer motives, values and needs. To further this goal, we are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to reveal insight about our users and help us embrace research-driven product development. This role is all about providing guidance through oral and written presentations to help our teams deliver the right solutions for our customers.
Build the world’s best cybersecurity education solution. Our mission is to make learning cybersecurity faster, easier, and more effective through detailed behavioral design. We developed the best cybersecurity learning solution on the market for enterprises, governments, and academic institutions. Our immersive labs leverage deep gamification and true-to-life environments that effectively connect learners to the material.
Visit https://projectares.academy to learn more about our learning platform.
Why will you enjoy this role?
You will be a great fit for this role if you enjoy gathering data from a variety of sources and converting it to actionable insight for the business. You’ll enjoy talking to people and empathizing with them while uncovering their underlying needs and representing them internally. You will join with the Head of Product and UX practitioners in advocacy and promotion of design practices. A core focus of the organization is value assessment and you’ll bring your unique data-driven perspective into value discussions and collaborative efforts to prioritize work. You’ll be part of a team and enjoy relationships with all departments.
What will make you successful in the first 6-12 months?
- You will be expected to engage with key cybersecurity professionals over the course of a year, audit their experience using our (and competitive industry) tools, and organize your findings.
- You will establish a network of users willing to participate in research and organize a user research group you can regularly approach for research activities.
- You will plan and execute different research methodologies such as interviews, ethnographic studies, surveys and focus groups to provide an accurate understanding of our customers.
- You’ll perform competitive analysis, identify behavioral personas and persona journeys and work with leadership to highlight product feature candidates and high value areas to focus on.
- You’ll formalize an Information Architecture strategy and coordinate intentional language and terminology throughout the entire customer journey.
- You will collaborate heavily and communicate well. You’ll transfer empathy, understanding and comprehension to designers, engineers, marketers and executives as we build product together.
- You’ll work remotely and be comfortable conducting research and building relationships through technology.
What is leadership like for this role? What is the structure and team culture?
You’ll be part of the Product organization, report to the Head of Product and work closely with a Senior UX Designer. You’ll contribute to the company’s culture of collaboration and partner with the Engineering, Growth, Content and Instruction Services departments. You’ll bring a natural leadership presence to further the culture of communication and shared understanding.
Skills and qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- Ability to recognize, quantify and communicate value
- Ability to create a variety of UX deliverables such as personas, journey maps, service blueprints, etc.
- In-depth understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods including interviews, ethnographic studies, focus groups, usability testing, etc.
- Strong ability to synthesize research into insights and narratives that others can understand through storytelling
What is your responsibility?
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics
- Conduct primary and secondary user research using mixed methods
- Perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iterating
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written, visual and oral presentations
- Be a strategic partner in product decisions
- Help integrate behavioral personas, persona journeys and usability studies into product design and development
What tools should you be aware of?
- Persona and journey mapping software
- Diverse set of UX research tools
- Virtual collaboration (Teams, loom, Miro …etc)
What are the benefits of working at Circadence?
- Highly skilled group of people working on a sophisticated and valuable product
- Significant opportunity to positively influence others and make a satisfying impact
- Organizational focus on learning and practicing data- and customer-driven design
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Work from anywhere
The benefits of working at Circadence
Compensation negotiable, depending on level of experience - $135,000 - $170,000.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Circadence Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Circadence will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All Circadence employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.