Sewing Machine Operator
Apparel | Wheeling, IL | Full Time
Champro® is a privately-owned sporting goods manufacturer and distributor that has been in business for 30 years. Our philosophy is focused on our customers and we take pride in providing them with the best values in team sports equipment and apparel. We currently have an immediate opening for an experienced Seamstress.
We are looking for an experienced Seamstress/Sewing Machine Operator for producing athletic clothing line(s) at our manufacturing building located in Wheeling, IL. Experience with industrial machines is preferred. 40 hours per week, possibly more. This is NOT a temporary, short-term position. Basic English is required.
Dye sublimation is an exploding field in athletic apparel decoration. This position plays a pivotal role in the assembly of these items by operating multiple sewing machines (e.g. overlock (mero), coverstitch, and single needle) to perform specific sewing operations in the assembly of the apparel.
- Refer to orders to ensure the materials cut match the order
- Ensure correct materials and auxiliary supplies are used
- Test and adjust sewing machinery as necessary for proper functionality
- Address order, material or machine discrepancies with the supervisor
- Position garment to sew with correct seam allowances and /or folds to achieve correct finishes
- Repair or replace sewing machine parts in accordance with repair instructions provided
- Ensure that the finished product conforms to the design and merchandising instructions provided in the work order
- Trim and inspect finished product
- Examine the finished garments – do they match the customer order, is the order complete, do the numbers on the product match and are they correctly labeled
- Record and report the number of garments produced during a shift
- In-depth knowledge of multiple industrial sewing machines and the capability to operate them
- Ability to determine quality and assess color discrepancy
- Basic English skills with a capacity to follow both written and verbal instructions
- Proficiency to work quickly, yet accurately to meet deadlines
- Strong hand-eye coordination, attention to detail and concern for quality
- Ability to work in a team or alone
- Concentration for long periods of time
We are proud to offer eligible employees a full-range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability coverage, 401k, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays, and payment toward gym membership fees.