Director of Business Development
Administration | Wheeling, IL | Full Time
Champro® is a privately-owned sporting goods and apparel manufacturer that has been in business for 34 years. We have received numerous industry awards for our business practices and excellent customer service. Our business philosophy is focused on our customers and we take pride in providing them with the best values in team sports equipment and apparel. We are currently looking for an experienced, ambitious, and energetic Director of Business Development to help as expand our clientele.
Responsibilities include managing strategic relationships and key accounts for CHAMPRO. CHAMPRO’s Key Account base encompasses a diverse range of channels including traditional retail, eCommerce and online registration platforms as well as national governing bodies for team sports. Position would be responsible for developing, negotiating and implementing sales and marketing programs, pricing, and brand building initiatives. Applicant should have a fundamental knowledge of the sporting goods industry.
- Work with senior management to create strategic business plans for designated channels.
- Create and execute key account presentations to include pricing, as well as marketing and point of purchase materials.
- Build long term relationships with key business partners.
- Identify opportunities and negotiate with key accounts to increase CHAMPRO market share and drive profitability
- Work with cross functional areas of the company to create and manage operational processes required to support key account growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/ Management or related field
- Hands on approach with a sense of urgency to achieve sales and profit goals.
- Possess strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem resolution, time management skills
- Strong leadership and management capability
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel – V lookup, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Ability to prioritize projects and to successfully handle multiple tasks as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented and self-motivated
- Capability of managing a sporting goods sales team effectively
- Ability to manage people and create processes to ensure optimal efficiency and accuracy.
- Independent individual with the drive to build long-term relationships and establish a record of personal and organizational success.
- Experience with Microsoft AX Dynamics 2012
- Knowledge of the Sporting Goods Industry
We are proud to offer eligible employees a full-range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability coverage, 401k, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays, and payment toward gym membership fees.