Business Development Manager
Sales | Wheeling, IL | Full Time
Champro is a privately-owned sporting goods and apparel manufacturer that has been in business for 34 years. We have received numerous industry awards for our business practices and excellent customer service. Our business philosophy is focused on our customers and we take pride in providing them with the best values in team sports equipment and apparel. We currently have an immediate opening for an experienced Business Development Manager.
The Manager will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that drive maximum revenue and profitability in specified market segments. It is imperative that applicant has prior experience driving sizable sales growth by developing and managing digital marketing campaigns. Experience in email marketing, influence marketing, SEO and SEM is required. Knowledge of traditional and eCommerce market channels in the sporting goods industry is desirable.
- Work with upper management to design and implement a strategic business plan to expand the company’s reach in key underdeveloped market segments utilizing existing company infrastructure
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic to the company websites
- Research and hire digital marketing agency, establish and monitor ROI and KPIs
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Full management, and P and L responsibility for divisional unit
- Develop and implement processes to integrate divisional operations with existing corporate structure
- Manage development and improvement of web site.
- Manage, coach and lead an inside sales team selling athletic teams and organizations via phone, email, and web contact
- Create brand awareness by developing and implementing grass roots marketing strategies to reach athletic teams and organizations nationwide and drive business to website
- Manage product assortment of equipment and uniforms, ensuring that line is continuously updated and refreshed to address changing market trends in multiple market segments
- Review monthly channel results, reporting to management on account and channel sales performance
- Manage product assortment of equipment and uniforms, ensuring that line is continuously updated and refreshed to address changing market trends in multiple
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Understanding of eCommerce, PPC, SEO and SEM
- Experience managing PPC and SEO campaigns
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel – V lookup, Pivot Tables, etc
- Fundamental knowledge of eCommerce and criteria necessary for search engine optimization
- Experience with Microsoft AX Dynamics 2012 preferred
- Possess strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem resolution, time management skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and to successfully handle multiple tasks as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands on approach with a sense of urgency to achieve sales and profit goals
- Team oriented and self-motivated
- Capability of managing a sporting goods sales team effectively
- Ability to manage people and create processes to ensure optimal efficiency and accuracy
- Independent individual with the drive to build long-term relationships and establish a record of personal and organizational success.
We are proud to offer eligible employees a full-range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability coverage, 401K, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays, and payment toward gym membership fees.