Apparel Quality Control Analyst
Apparel | Wheeling, IL | Full Time
Champro® is a privately owned sporting goods and apparel manufacturer that has been in business for 30+ years. We deliver high-value, traditional & innovative athletic equipment and apparel via outstanding, integrity-driven customer service. Our business philosophy is focused on our customers and we take pride in providing them with the best overall values in team sports products.
Our fast-paced athletic company is looking for a full time Internal Apparel Quality Control Analyst to coordinate and review inspection of all incoming raw and proposed materials, as well as, report on the overall quality level being delivered by each raw material supplier. This is accomplished through good communications of expectations and continuous monitoring for adherence to established quality standards and specifications.
As the Apparel Quality Control Analyst, you will be responsible for inspecting product to ensure material is compliant with specified company requirements and maintain records and data for all inspections with precise technical reporting and summaries. You will set goals for projects and deadlines that comply with company plans and coordinate the activities cross-functionally to meet those deadlines.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Approve color of dye lots (within 24 hours after received)
- Cut samples fabric and record/approve GSM (weight)
- Archive samples in corresponding books to keep clean records available
- Enter into the QC Fabric report the color readings, weight and approval by dye lot received
- Report the approval or rejection of dye lots to the factory (within 24 hours after received)
- Understand and perform all required AATCC and ASTM test protocols
- Assure completion of daily lab functions and SOPs, including assigned reporting and filing
- Monitor Apparel ticketing system to resolve concerns and inquiries
- Provide technical/non-technical support on quality related matters
- Work with warehouse personnel and customer service to resolve all issues presented on the ticketing system
You play an integral role as a business partner when:
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office
- You possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- You have excellent math skills
- You have the ability to work collaboratively in teams to produce quality work and resolve issues
- You are flexible to respond to change.
We are proud to offer eligible associates a full-range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability, 401K, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays, and reimbursement toward gym membership fees. A collaborative atmosphere working together to exceed our customers’ expectations, as well as, an Equal Opportunity Employer bringing together diverse individuals to develop new and innovative solutions