Ad Specialty/Promotional Sales Manager
Sales | Wheeling, IL | Full Time
Champro® is a privately-owned sporting goods and apparel manufacturer that has been in business for 30+ years. We deliver high-value, traditional & innovative athletic equipment and apparel via outstanding, integrity-driven customer service. Our business philosophy is focused on our customers and we take pride in providing them with the best overall values in team sports products.
Reporting to the VP-Sales, the Sales Manager for the Ad Specialties/Promotional Products channel will provide the direction, strategy, skills and support for the sales team to succeed in developing our business with existing distributors along with new customers yet to be working with us.
Due to Covid-19 this position will be a hybrid working role for the foreseeable future. Champro will make the determination when/if all associates will return to the geographical office to which they were hired.
You will use all of the tools at your disposal to capitalize on all opportunities (Sales Reporting, CRM, etc.). You will be responsible for our sales performance in this channel and will work with our sales management team and outside sales force daily along with developing your own key account relationships.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop/Have a deep understanding of Champro programs, pricing, products along with a similar understanding of our competitors
- Understanding Champro’ s advantages in the marketplace and leverage them for sales success
- Stay current on industry changes, trends and direction
- Manage relationships with trade organizations including but not limited to: ASI, SAGE and PPAI
- Maintain our products on distributor search portals including but not limited to: SAGE, ESP, Distributor central.
- Create effective marketing materials and campaigns
- Oversee catalog and trade show efforts
- Mentor/tutor/coach our sales team to enhance their natural strengths and develop areas of improvement.
- Work with outside salesforce to develop strong goals & action plans for account and territory management.
- Work closely with salesforce to ensure those action plans are followed and goals met.
- Develop and nurture relationships with Top 40 ASI Distributors
- Develop and maintain programs for all distributors
- Work through escalated customer issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Self-starter with a desire to set and obtain aggressive sales goals
- Possess 3/+ years relative experience in sales management on the supplier side in the ad specialty business is preferred
- Previous Knowledge/Experience of sporting goods apparel & equipment is helpful
- 3+ years of experience in ERP software (i.e. - SAP, AX, etc.), a CRM (i.e. Salesforce, etc.), sales reporting software and working knowledge of Google’s suite of apps a plus
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
We are proud to offer eligible associates a full-range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability, 401K, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays, and reimbursement toward gym membership fees. A collaborative atmosphere working together to exceed our customers’ expectations, as well as, an Equal Opportunity Employer bringing together diverse individuals to develop new and innovative solutions