Accounts Receivable Analyst
Accounts Receivable/Credit | Wheeling, IL | Full Time
Champro® Sports is a privately owned sporting goods and apparel manufacturer that has been in business for 30 years. We have received numerous industry awards for our business practices and excellent customer service. Our business philosophy is focused on our customers and we take pride in providing them with the best values in team sports equipment and apparel. We currently are looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Analyst.
The Accounts Receivable Analyst is responsible for direct interaction with customers, and internal staff to research and resolve any customer issues, e-mailing and mailing of invoices and statements, cash application, and reviewing orders on credit hold. Duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
- Assist with credit analysis for new and existing customers to determine appropriate customer credit limit.
- Enter new accounts into computer system and maintain all A/R account information; including credit applications and related documents.
- Review and respond to customer and internal inquiries via the phone system and internal ticketing system.
- Maintain a high level of responsiveness, professionalism and confidentiality in customer and internal interactions.
- Work with sales and customer service to resolve mutual discrepancies.
- Monitor and ensure that orders are released in a timely manner and customer balances are collected within terms.
- Process customer invoices, credits and RMA’s, and customer payments with a high level of accuracy and in adherence with company policies.
- Cash application includes checks (lock-box and remote deposit), wires, ACH, credit cards and eChecks.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues in a timely fashion.
- Utilize internal customer aging reports to perform weekly calls to customers with past due balances; requires heavy phone contact.
- Accountable for collection status of customer accounts assigned in order to meet departmental goals.
- Experience with accounts receivable, credit and collections
- Proven working experience as accounts receivable specialist or equivalent
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Preferred Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- ERP system experience
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills with a history of effectively conveying messages
- appropriate to a variety of audiences internally as well as externally.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred
We are proud to offer eligible associates a full-range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability, 401k, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays, and reimbursement toward gym membership fees. A collaborative atmosphere working together to exceed our customers’ expectations, as well as, an Equal Opportunity Employer bringing together diverse individuals to develop new and innovative solutions.