Internal Application: Registration Technician (Part-Time)
Records and Registration | North East, MD | Part Time
Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for more than 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
Employees of Cecil College, including instructors for online and virtual courses, must be residents of Maryland or the contiguous states of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, or the District of Columbia.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships.
The Registration Technician is responsible for providing front-line customer service and office support for the Records and Registration Department. General responsibilities of the Registration Technician include greeting the public, providing college information, addressing inquiries related to enrollment, processing registrations, and providing clerical support. The Registration Technician upholds compliance with college policies and procedures, adheres to FERPA regulations, and ensures data integrity and accuracy in all aspects of students’ records.
Provide office support for the Records and Registration Department including:
1. Greet the public and provide information related to enrollment and registration services and procedures.
2. Process credit and non-credit registrations, add/drop changes, updates to student information, and all applicable processing pertaining to the Records and Registration Department (including in-person services, mailed documents, electronic correspondence, and phone requests).
3. Schedule appointments with the Academic Advisors and assist students with the check-in process for walk-in advisement.
4. Refer students to the respective departments and individuals as requested (including Financial Aid, Cashier’s Office, Academic Programs, and all other credit and non-credit programs and services as requested).
5. Assist students with online course searches and provide information pertaining to course availability.
6. Process and print transcripts as requested.
7. Respond to telephone inquiries, email correspondence, chat messages, and all requests of students, faculty, and staff.
8. Scan and upload documents into the DocStar archival system.
9. Create and maintain students’ files in accordance with the Records and Registration Retention Schedule.
10. Provide all aspects of clerical support for the Records and Registration Department.
11. Assist with tasks and projects as assigned by the Registrar and the Assistant Director of Records and Registration.
12. Adhere to FERPA regulations and uphold college policies and procedures to ensure data integrity.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma required. Associate’s Degree or commensurate experience in a related field preferred.
- Experience: At least two years of clerical experience, preferably in a college setting. Strong customer service experience is required.
- Skills: Excellent customer service and communication skills. Must have the ability to work independently, multitask in a fast-pace environment, and respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests. Technical skills include a working knowledge of a student database system, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proficiencies: Strong verbal and communication skills. Must be attentive to details and maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Scheduling Requirements: Varied schedule will include day, evening, and weekends based on the needs and functions of the department.
- Physical Demands: Minimal. May be required to assist with materials for college functions and events.
Position Posted Until Filled.
Based upon the budgeted hours of a position, contribution to the Maryland State Retirement Pension System may be required.