Junior Database Administrator
Information Technology | North East, MD | Full Time
Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for nearly 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
Reporting to the Senior Programmer Analyst, the Database Administrator is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and providing tier 3 support for enterprise databases and database reporting. The incumbent must ensure that all database applications are secure, highly-available, functioning optimally and according to specification.
The Database Administrator is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting enterprise software applications and databases. They must ensure the stable and secure operation of these systems and applications by employing best practices and proactive monitoring techniques. The database administrator also coordinates with application and process owners to understand their requirements and identify and recommend progressive ways to utilize technology in order to address them. Additionally, this individual facilitates enterprise reporting - enabling the college to meet on-going ad-hoc and regulatory reporting requirements and to make data-driven decisions. Last, the Database Administrator manages database vendor relationships/support requests and performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in database administration, enterprise reporting and systems programming. Preference given to candidates with 5+ years of experience in database administration, enterprise reporting and systems programming.
- Skills/Training: Required experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database, Database Querying Languages and Associated Tools, Microsoft Windows Client/Server Operating Systems and Enterprise Reporting. Experience with Jenzabar Enterprise Resource Planning System and PowerBI and Infomaker preferred.
- Proficiencies: Demonstrated abilities to coordinate multiple schedules, assess priorities, and meet deadlines; must exhibit excellent communication and writing/composition skills, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and proficiency in problem-solving
- Scheduling Requirements: Varied work schedule during critical periods sometimes requiring evening, Saturday, and Sunday work hour’s dependent on the needs of department.
- Physical Demands: Most of the position is sedentary. Requires frequent use of computer and repetitive hand motions for computer use.
For best consideration, please apply by February 25, 2020.