IT Systems Administrator
Information Technology | North East, MD | Full Time
Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for nearly 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
Cecil College’s IT department provides users the ability to access College resources on-demand. The IT Systems Administrator role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated end user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
· Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
· Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
· Assist in software releases and roll-outs according to Change Management best practices.
· Assisting in providing level II technical support when request volumes are high.
· Act as an escalation point for advanced or difficult help requests.
· Escalate problems (when required) to the Senior Systems Administrator or Network Administrator.
· Develop logon and user scripts.
· Develop and implement Group Policies.
· Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
· Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
· Monitor and maintain critical network backups.
· Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
· Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
· Perform preventative systems maintenance, test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
· Perform post-resolution follow ups with Level I Technicians as required.
· Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
· Perform and test routine system backups and restorations.
· Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associates degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Knowledge of advanced computer hardware
· Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7,
· Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 and above
· Extensive application support experience with Citrix, VMware, Microsoft Exchange
· Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
· Strong documentation skills.
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· 37.5- hour work week.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power
tools, and other computer components.
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and
Position start date will be July 13, 2020.
For best consideration, please apply by April 27, 2020.