IT Operations Coordinator
Information Technology | North East, MD | Full Time
Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for nearly 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the IT Operations Coordinator is responsible for handling a variety of tasks that ensure the smooth daily operations of the Division of Information Technology. The incumbent will assist with human resource allocation/scheduling, organizing divisional events, arranging and assisting with employee training, managing budgets, and liaising with clients.
- Assist with the management of daily operational activities
- Perform administrative tasks, such as making travel arrangements, answering phones, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Manage office supplies and the maintenance of office equipment
- Coordinate the proper allocation/scheduling of employees
- Arrange and assist with the onboarding of new employees
- Assist with project management by recording assignments, tracking progress, and resolving issues
- Manage vendor relations and liaise with project stakeholders
- Manage budgets/procurement and prepare financial reports
- Plan and organizing conferences, events, employee training and engagement activities
- Prepare and maintain operations document, procedures and reports.
- IT training
- Education: Bachelor’s required.
- Experience: 2-4 years’ experience in office management or an administrative role.
- Skills/Training: Excellent communication and organizational skills; project management and coordination; Budgeting.
- Proficiencies: Demonstrated abilities to coordinate multiple schedules, assess priorities, and meet deadlines; must exhibit excellent communication and writing/composition skills, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and proficiency in problem-solving. Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Scheduling Requirements: Varied work schedule during critical periods sometimes requiring evening, Saturday, and Sunday work hour’s dependent on the needs of department.
- Physical Demands: Most of the position is sedentary. Requires frequent use of computer and repetitive hand motions for computer use.
For best consideration, please apply by February 25, 2020.