Basic Construction Instructor
Workforce Development & Customized Training | Elkton, MD | Part Time
Cecil College is providing NCCER accredited training programs that provide people with the basic skills and confidence needed to pursue a career as a skilled craft professional. This instructor position provides ongoing classroom instruction and facilitation of a core curriculum to a class of adult learners. Training on curriculum will be provided. The instructor will aid in the growth of this program by delivering classroom instruction on an ongoing basis. Topics of the curriculum include: Basic Safety, Construction Math, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Construction Drawings, Communication Skills, Employability Skills, and Material Handling. Teaching 2x/week in evenings.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Documentation of students’ attendance and academic progress by giving and grading examinations and accountability standards.
- Database proficiency and familiarity with timely data entry.
- Interpretation of NCCER curriculum and ability to effectively communicate learning objectives. Training on the NCCER curriculum will be provided to instructors
- Other duties as assigned
- Journey or technician level in area of expertise
- Enjoyment of construction terminology, tools, skills and ability to communicate in a classroom setting.
- Prior teaching experience
Position will be posted until filled.