Adjunct Instructor, Health Care Careers
Academic Programs | North East, MD | Part Time
Cecil College, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and educator, is committed to diversity.
Position: Health Care Careers Adjunct Faculty
Department: Health Care Careers
Hours: 3.5 hours a day, twice a week.
General Description: Responsibilities include providing for the classroom and/or lab instruction and evaluation of students competencies and performance in relation to the Health Care Careers Program standards such as Medical Assistant, Physician Coder/Biller, Medical Receptionist, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomist, EMT-Paramedic, Medicine Aide and Certified Nursing Assistant.
1. Prepare for class by designing teaching strategies and student learning experiences to meet the established course objectives.
2. Incorporate adult learning theory into the teaching strategies and learning experiences to facilitate the student's learning.
3. Utilize effective teaching strategies to deliver course content that is based upon pre-established curriculum, syllabus, course outline and competency tools.
4. Establish individual schedules for course content delivery that is based upon the established course outline and syllabus. Distribute a written copy to students on the first day of class.
5. Make student assignments and/or clinical assignments to achieve established course competencies according to course outline and syllabus.
6. Devise appropriate student evaluation methods to validate learning based upon the programs established competency standards.
7. Evaluate objectively, each student's performance based upon established program competencies and standards.
8. Submit all student's grades, attendance, evaluations, class work, and other documents as necessary at the designated times.
9. Review textbooks for appropriate use for existing or new courses.
10. Attend monthly faculty meetings.
11. Develop curriculum for new courses as assigned.
12. Assist with faculty and student recruitment efforts as appropriate.
Education: Appropriate educational background is required for each course of study.
Licensure: As necessary for each course of study.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years teaching experience and/or direct work experience related to the course topic is preferred. The instructor must have current clinical, administrative, and transdisciplinary competencies necessary to function effectively and safely in the classroom and the clinical laboratory.
Deadline: Position will be posted until filled.