Senior Administrative Specialist - Emergency Management
Sheriff's Office | Caldwell, ID | Full Time | From $22.05 to $22.05 per hour
- Familiar with grant writing
- Emergency Management / ICS
- Radio programming
THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL FORMS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE SPEC. APPLICANTS. Application will be considered incomplete IF NOT SUBMITTED.
You will be directed to upload these documents when completing the application.
- Proof of education copy – this can be GED, high school diploma or official college transcripts
- Complete and Upload the following forms:Additional Paperwork for Non Commissioned-2022
- The Authorization form needs to be notarized; we can provide that service for you in our Human Resources office, if needed. You must be present at the time of signing with a valid Photo ID.
- Complete and upload the Canyon County Application form: Employment_Application_Fillable
- Typing tests results. You can complete this at www.typingtest.com
Canyon County offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, paid holidays, sick leave accrual, and supplemental retirement options. Canyon County is also a member of PERSI, the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho.
Closing Date: October 13th, 2022 4:00pm
General Statement of Duties
Performs a variety of full performance clerical and secretarial duties to support the functions of an office, division or section; performs related work as required.
This is a journey level clerical and administrative support position with the principal function to provide full clerical support to the other office staff in areas such as answering phones, assisting the public, typing, and filing, copying, and running errands. Duties may include typing and preparing letters or documents using various software applications; entering data into County or Office systems and applications, keeping clerical records, logs, and ledgers, and working within Office specific processes and procedures. The work is performed under the supervision of the section supervisor. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Operation of standard and specialized office equipment;
- Operation of a personal computer and job-related software;
- English grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
- Current office practices and procedures;
- Telephone etiquette and customer service techniques.
- Work cooperatively and constructively with fellow workers and members of the public to provide public service of the highest quality and quantity;
- Follow written and oral instructions;
- Maintain records efficiently and accurately and to prepare clear and concise reports;
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including multi-line telephone system;
- Maintain high level confidentiality of information processed or prepared;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, supervisory personnel, elected and appointed officials, and the public;
- Operate a personal computer including software applications appropriate to assigned duties;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines;
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in a timely manner;
- Perform time management and scheduling functions, meet deadlines, and set project priorities;
- Use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or oral instructions.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a polygraph examination, through the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
Essential Physical Abilities
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively on the telephone and in person;
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions, review documents and file them in a prescribed order, and organize documents and materials;
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate a personal computer and standard office equipment;
- Sufficient personal mobility, agility, strength, and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work at a keyboard for an extended period of time, to reach, stoop, bend, and stretch in filing materials, and to work in an office environment.
Canyon County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions related to recruitment and
selection are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.