Terrorism Analyst - Mid
Analysis | Tampa, FL | Full Time and Contract
Calhoun International is a Professional Services company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, cyberspace operations, information systems training, and knowledge management services among others. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Provide near-term and current analysis on regional terrorist organizations, Violent Extremist Organizations (VEO), illicit networks, insurgent groups, foreign fighter networks and related activities and issues within the USCENTCOM AOR including finished intelligence support to Hostage Rescue, Personnel Recovery/associated case management, debriefings, and the counterterrorism plans and intentions of AOR countries.
- Preparing Terrorism Threat Warning, Threat Assessment, and Threat Advisory Messages/Papers (written with graphics).
- Performing in-depth network and nodal analysis of extremist groups to support planning and kinetic/non-kinetic operations.
- Conducting analysis to support multi-discipline collection efforts and collaborate with collections counterparts.
- Leveraging Intelligence databases, link charts, and specialized interagency tools to refine analysis on terrorist networks.
- Performing signal intelligence using call chaining software to identify and expand upon terrorist networks.
- Preparing and briefing timely and relevant intelligence products capturing strategic importance on extremist groups to the CENTCOM Commander and staff, interagency partners, and coalition intelligence professionals as necessary.
- Demonstrating knowledge and implementation of basic GEOINT abilities to portray terrorist organizations.
- Performing Pattern of Life (PoL), temporal, and trend analysis on entities/networks of interest.
- Providing link and nodal analysis products (timelines, charts, individual dossiers; written and graphics).
- Performing Named Area of Interest (NAI) Studies, Pattern of Live Studies, detailed link, nodal, and network studies and analysis for terrorist and other violent/illegal entities, violent extremist use of cyber/media venues; predictive and historical analysis to support operations and planning (written with graphics/slides).
- Performing 24/7 Terrorism Watch functions in support of the Combined Joint Operations Center.
- Develop Collection requirements, source directed requirements, IIR evaluations, develop essential elements of information, and observables to build or modify theater and national collection that supports the CT mission.
- Establishing and manning USD(I) mandated Personnel Recovery Analysis element to perform analysis and maintain case files on missing, kidnapped, hostage, and other personnel as required.
- Conduct extensive research, exploitation, and in-depth network analysis on threat networks using all-source intelligence information and specialized datasets.
- Build nodal analysis products (charts, individual dossiers, written reports, etc) using specialized network/link analysis software/graphic user interfaces.
- Link and analyze persons, organizations, activities and other entities to identify critical nodes and functions within the adversary’s target system that are vulnerable to kinetic and non-kinetic actions.
- Produce Intelligence Support Packages and Systems Analysis inputs to support target discovery for interagency and military customers.
- Produce Network Drill Down products on a variety of priority networks and produce Intelligence Support Packages with actionable intelligence on critical and vulnerable nodes to support both lethal and non-lethal operational activity.
- Bachelor Degree with Four (4) to Eight (8) Years of T Analysis experience which includes a demonstrated focus and proficiency in Terrorism Analysis; Fifteen (15) Years of Relevant Experience might be considered in Lieu of Degree
- Must be knowledgeable and well versed in analytic tradecraft and experienced in continuously accessing, reviewing, collating, corroborating, analyzing and maintaining a wide variety of all-source intelligence reports, finished intelligence products/reports and intelligence/operational data necessary for the J2 to fulfill its intelligence analysis, production, application and dissemination responsibilities, which include written and/or oral delivery.
- Must have a wide range of knowledge, concepts, principles and practices in terrorism and geopolitical issues and the skill to apply this knowledge to difficult and complex work assignments.
- Requires a demonstrated familiarity with applying analytical and evaluative techniques for developing new or modified intelligence work methods, approaches or procedures; too include the identification, evaluation and recommendation of solutions to complex issues and/or problems.
- Experience using link and nodal analysis tools, such as Analyst Notebook
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts and be willing and able to deploy for up to 179 days to the USCENTCOM AOR as determined by the Program Manager and Contracting Officer Representative (COR)
- Must be willing to live and work in a potential hostile environment as designated by the U.S. Government
- Must have a Current U.S. Passport that will not expire within 6-Months of Start Date.
- Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access and ability to pass a CI polygraph
- Current CI Polygraph highly desired