System Software Analyst - CASS
Analysis | Charlottesville, VA | Full Time
Calhoun International is a Professional Services company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, cyberspace operations, information systems training, and knowledge management services among others. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Responsible for the technical intelligence analysis of weapon systems and C4 networks. Technical analysis includes analyzing printed circuit boards, hardware devices such as microprocessors, digital signal processors (DPS) and field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) design, extraction of firmware, analysis of software and firmware to understand the capabilities and performance of the system based on software analysis. Analysis includes embedded systems and with networking and real-time operating system integration. Analyzes protocols used in C4 systems and reverse engineers' unknown protocols. Identifies customer requirements, Intelligence Community (IC) priorities, intelligence gaps, collection opportunities, and new technology or system developments to plan analytical products. Applies engineering/scientific knowledge and experience to research and analyze C4 topics utilizing data research and modeling and simulation tools. Creates hardware emulators for dynamic analysis of complex software systems. Coordinates and collaborates with IC partners and customer activities to share and corroborate analytical information. Develops collection, research, and analytical plans. Produces S&TI intelligence products, such as system capability and vulnerability assessments.
- BA/BS degree in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or directly related field of study AND 10 years of experience as a Software Engineer on US Army or DoD programs and projects that provide expert intelligence analysis services
- 15 years of experience as a Software Engineer on US Army or DoD programs and projects that provide expert intelligence analysis services
- Demonstrated ability to produce written assessments and technical reports based on engineering and computer science analysis of embedded weapon system software and firmware.
- Demonstrated ability to triage new software sets to identify priority software for deeper analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze software/firmware extracted from weapon systems for capability and performance characterization as well as vulnerability assessments. Extract software/firmware from multiple types of micro-electronics on printed circuit boards.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize open source, commercially available, and government produced tools to support technical analysis of software systems. Perform digital forensics analysis of memory devices to recover valuable information related to system.
- Demonstrated ability to produce working virtual machines from software sets provided that may need specific support software or hardware drivers to be produced. As needed to support specific customer needs produce hardware emulators to support dynamic software analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to drive collection to provide the specific technical data required to assess software systems capabilities and vulnerabilities. Provide briefings to customers needing engineering and computer science analysis and discussion about their specific technical issues.
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies commonly found in ground weapon systems:
• System characteristics and software algorithms related to radar systems
• Software algorithms related to cryptography and radio frequency hopping
• Software algorithms related to battlefield management and communication systems
• Software algorithms related to jammer systems
• Signals analyst to assess C4 signals and protocols
• System characteristics and software algorithms related to unmanned systems
• System characteristics and software algorithms related to vehicles systems
• Logic designs and implementation for FPGAs
• Penetration testing
• Specific operating systems such as Windows, Linux, QNX, or others
- Military and tactical experience, such as foreign doctrine, tactical employment of systems, or supervision of such systems and tactics.
- Demonstrated ability producing reports for senior DoD decision makers.
- Demonstrated experience with the application of quantitative and qualitative analytic methods.
- Detailed knowledge of NGIC, Army, DIA, NSA, CIA, and/or interagency operations.
- Superior understanding of DoD Intelligence processes, activities, standards, and available analytic tools with general understanding of CASS operations.
- Knowledge of and experience in planning and executing technical studies and reports for computer systems and computer networks.
- Current Top Secret / SCI
- CI Poly Preferred