Space / Counter-Space Analyst - Expert
Analysis | Reston, VA | Full Time
Calhoun International is an information technology and management consulting company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis and network modeling, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, and cyberspace operations to information systems training and services as well as knowledge management. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Background: Space and Counterspace Technical Collection Analytic Support
The Defense Intelligence Agency requires a combination of R&D and operations and maintenance contract activities to support collection requirements management, capability gap analysis, material solutions analysis, and collection operations planning activities. Additional support involves the development of technical reports to support future R&D technical collection activities, collection reporting, engineering contract support for aerospace exploitation and analysis activities, and dedicated foreign disclosure support of operational ST programs.
The responsibilities of the Space / Counter-Space Analyst include, but are not limited to, conducting all-source analytic production of foreign space capabilities including, foreign adversary space doctrine, strategy, communications and collections, vulnerabilities, platforms, assembly and launch capabilities, weapons, dual-use systems and technologies, and emerging space technologies. Works with engineers and scientists on foreign space capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, supervise studies and lead surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions
- Demonstrates analytic leadership and expertise in identifying, planning, developing, and executing analytic production methodologies, tradecraft and techniques aligned with space and counterspace problems.
- Demonstrates extensive ability to provide strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to Defense planners and policymakers (e.g. Undersecretary or higher)
- Master's Degree, 20 years experience conducting/leading analysis and analytic efforts, with at least a portion of the experience within the last 2 years.
- TS/SCI with the ability to pass a CI Polygraph