Senior Intelligence Analyst (OSINT) Level III
Analysis | Charlottesville, VA | Full Time
Calhoun International is a Professional Services company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, cyberspace operations, information systems training, and knowledge management services among others. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Provide all-source intelligence analysis expertise for Agile Analysis of Regional Threats (AART) activities consistent with NGIC requirements. Such analytical activities include developing draft and finished all-source intelligence products that are in accordance with NGIC and IC standards and practices, testing new methodologies, responding to requests for information (RFIs), briefing products, writing collection evaluations, authoring intelligence assessments and information and position papers. Identify significant intelligence trends, within an activity or across multiple activities for a threat network and propose new or revised analytical efforts to alert leadership to developments and to meet customer needs.
- MA/MS degree in related field AND 10 years of experience as an OSINT Analyst on US Army or DoD programs and projects that provide expert intelligence analysis services
- BA/BS degree in related field AND 15 years of experience as a OSINT Analyst on US Army or DoD programs and projects that provide expert intelligence analysis services
- 17 years of experience as a OSINT Analyst on US Army or DoD programs and projects that provide expert intelligence analysis services
- Demonstrated experience with all-source intelligence processes, data evaluation, and
- Demonstrated ability to manage research and coordination for long-term projects
- Demonstrated knowledge Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- Demonstrated experience with intelligence analysis tools and databases
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of a wide range of National Level, DoD, DCI, DIA and DA Information Security Program and Foreign Disclosure concepts, principles, practices and procedures to review, analyze, and release classified and unclassified data in accordance with the National Disclosure Policy.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of data transfer requirements for moving data between classified and unclassified computer systems.
- Demonstrates mastery of qualitative and quantitative analytic methodologies and pursue developments in academia or other fields that affect tradecraft methodology.
- Demonstrates ability to define comprehensive, new, or unique research approaches that enable rigorous assessments to address and contribute to high-level tasks.
- Demonstrates in-depth analysis of analytic operations and knowledge management issues across organizational and intra-IC boundaries and clearly articulates key findings.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrates ability to review analytic products for cogent arguments, tradecraft standards, and adequate support for conclusions; routinely tests analytic rigor of analytic products.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the concepts involved in the specific functions outlined in the specified labor category description.
- Knowledgeable of and demonstrates ability to apply IC and DoD classification guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to work semi-independently with oversight and direction.
- Demonstrates ability to use logic when evaluating and synthesizing multiple sources of information.
- Demonstrates understanding of interpreting analysis to include, but not limited to, its meaning, importance, and implications.
- Demonstrates ability to defend analytic judgements with sound, logical conclusions and adapt analytic judgments when presented with new information, evolving conditions, or unexpected developments.
- Demonstrates ability to produce timely, logical, and concise analytic reports, documents, assessments, studies, and briefing materials in formats including Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), electronic/soft copy matrices and/or web-enabled formats.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate complex issues clearly in a concise and organized manner both verbally and non-verbally; with strong grammar skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency using Microsoft Office tools.
- Demonstrates ability to develop structured research including, but not limited to, obtaining, evaluating, organizing, and maintaining information within security and data protocols.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize nuances and resolve contradictions and inconsistencies in information.
- Demonstrates working knowledge using complex analytic methodologies, such as structured analytic techniques or alternative approaches, to examine biases, assumptions, and theories to eliminate uncertainty, strengthen analytic arguments, and mitigate surprise. Structured analytic techniques include, but not limited to, Analysis of Competing Hypotheses, Devil's Advocacy, High-Impact/Low-Impact Analysis, Red Team Analysis and Alternative Futures Analysis.
- Demonstrates understanding of intelligence collection capabilities and limitations, to include but not limited to, technical sensors/platforms and human intelligence sources related to the labor category.
- Demonstrates understanding of evaluating collected intelligence reporting, engaging with collection managers, and developing collection requirements.
- Demonstrated ability producing reports for senior DoD decision makers.
- Demonstrated experience with the application of quantitative and qualitative analytic methods.
- Detailed knowledge of NGIC, Army, DIA, NSA, CIA, and/or interagency operations.
- Superior understanding of DoD Intelligence processes, activities, standards, and available analytic tools with general understanding of AART operations.
- Knowledge of and experience in planning and executing technical studies and reports for computer systems and computer networks.
- Knowledge of and experience with Conventional and Irregular Warfare concepts and operations.
- Current Top Secret / SCI
- CI Poly Preferred