Senior Data Scientist Level III
Analysis | Charlottesville, VA | Full Time
Calhoun International is a Professional Services company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, cyberspace operations, information systems training, and knowledge management services among others. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Provide data scientist expertise for Agile Analysis of Regional Threats (AART) activities consistent with NGIC requirements. Scientist shall assess the scientific and technical capabilities of current foreign systems to forecast and predict future capabilities and battlefield effectiveness of such systems through engineering sciences analysis, physical sciences analysis, and life sciences analysis. Scientist shall develop research designs, including formulating testable questions, identifying and defining key concepts and variables, and matching appropriate methods to problems as they pertain to a broad knowledge of the principles, concepts, and techniques of multiple complex intelligence functional areas to include GMI and S&TI analysis principles, techniques and methodologies, and skill in applying knowledge to difficult and complex work assignments.
- MA/MS degree in related scientific field AND 12 years of experience as a Data Scientist on US Army or DoD programs and projects that provide expert intelligence analysis services
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of the scientific and technical research and applications listed in the labor category required to meet mission requirements.
- Provides in-depth scientific and technical analysis to provide support analytic operations and knowledge management issues across organizational and intra-IC boundaries and clearly articulates key findings. Demonstrates ability to define comprehensive, new, or unique research approaches that enable rigorous assessments to address and contribute to high-level tasks.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrates ability to review analytic products for cogent arguments, tradecraft standards, and adequate support for conclusions; routinely tests analytic rigor of analytic products.
- Demonstrates scientific and/or engineering knowledge, methods, and techniques for the production of integrated, all-source scientific and technical intelligence assessments of foreign defense capabilities.
- Knowledgeable of and demonstrates ability to apply IC and DoD classification guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to work semi-independently with minimal oversight and direction.
- Demonstrates ability to use logic when evaluating and synthesizing multiple sources of information. Demonstrates ability to interpret analysis to include, but not limited to, its meaning, importance, and implications. Demonstrates ability to defend analytic judgements with sound, logical conclusions and adapt analytic judgn1ents when presented with new information, evolving conditions, or unexpected developments.
- Demonstrate ability to produce timely, logical, and concise analytic reports, documents, assessments, studies, and briefing materials in formats including Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), electronic/soft copy matrices and/or web-enabled formats.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate complex issues clearly in a concise and organized manner both verbally and non-verbally; with strong grammar skills. Demonstrates proficiency using Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrates ability to use innovative tools and techniques, coupled with all-source analysis to identify, define and assess foreign adversary capabilities and vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrates ability to develop structured research including, but not limited to, obtaining, evaluating, organizing, and maintaining information within security and data protocols. Demonstrates ability to recognize nuances and resolve contradictions and inconsistencies in information.
- Demonstrates working knowledge using complex analytic methodologies, such as structured analytic techniques or alternative approaches, to examine biases, assumptions, and theories to eliminate uncertainty, strengthen analytic arguments, and mitigate surprise. Structured analytic techniques include, but not limited to, Analysis of Competing Hypotheses, Devil's Advocacy, High-Impact/Low-Impact Analysis, Red Team Analysis and 61 Alternative Futures Analysis.
- Demonstrates understanding of intelligence collection capabilities and limitations, to include but not limited to, technical sensors/platforms and human intelligence sources related to the labor category. Demonstrate ability to evaluate collected intelligence reporting, engage with collection managers, and develop collection requirements.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate understanding from information that may be incomplete, indirect, highly complex, seemingly unrelated, and/or technically advanced. Structures analytic questions based on trends in reporting and a range of analytic perspectives from other analysts, organizations, and intelligence disciplines.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with oversight and direction.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work with other IC members on information sharing, driving collection, and addressing analytic disputes and conflict resolution.
- Develops concise, insightful, and comprehensive products for defense intelligence.
- Demonstrates knowledge of data transfer requirements for moving data between classified and unclassified computer systems.
- Demonstrated experience with the application of quantitative and qualitative analytic methods.
- Detailed knowledge of NGIC, Army, DIA, NSA, CIA, and/or interagency operations.
- Understanding of DoD Intelligence processes, activities, standards, and available analytic tools with general understanding of AART operations.
- Knowledge of and experience with Conventional and Irregular Warfare concepts and operations.
- Current Top Secret / SCI
- CI Poly Preferred