Operations Research (ORSA) Analyst
Analysis | Tampa, FL | Full Time
Calhoun International is an information technology and management consulting company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis and network modeling, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, and cyberspace operations to information systems training and services as well as knowledge management. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Conduct evidence-based, qualitative, and quantitative analysis to inform USSOCOM return on investment (ROI) analysis, campaign assessments, plans, and resourcing decisions. Translate analytical requirements and concepts to appropriate methodologies and workflows to identify and decompose objectives, determine resource investments, and identify outcomes of those investments in the context of objectives and priorities. Lead the development of analytical frameworks, identify data and information requirements and sources, execute data collection efforts, conduct analysis, consolidate and validate analysis findings, and author reports. Conduct briefings and develop products to support senior USSOCOM decision making and processes. Spearhead execution of partner SOF analysis and analysis of force allocation, and integrate analysis results across all domains, including partner SOF, threats, populations, USSOF, and PE. Work with data scientist to convey analysis, assessment, and workflow requirements.
- MS in operations research, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or economics from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an operations research systems analyst (ORSA) supporting the Department of Defense and conducting one of the following: campaign assessments, ROI analyses, and/or cost-benefit analyses
- Experience leading a team of analysts
- At least 5 years’ experience in or supporting one or more of the following: SOF, PSYOP, MILDEC, CWMD, CYBER, AT/FP, SNA, Special Access Programs, Interagency Experience, GFM and/or Intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to translate concepts into analytical methodologies to solve quantitative and qualitative research problems
- Ability to prioritize multiple work tasks and meet deadlines, deliver products on time and within budget, and to quality standards
- Ability to synthesize and arbitrate large and disparate sets of qualitative data
- Ability to demonstrate advanced proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience managing and implementing advanced analytic software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical results to non-technical and senior audiences
- Ability to organize, plan and author reports including finished assessment and analysis products, methodologies, and white papers to a standard commensurate with graduate level research and academic journals; writing samples required.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to participate in OCONUS travel 25% of the year
- TS/SCI Clearance
- MS in operations research
- 5+ years supporting USSOF or as a USSOF service member
- 5+ years supporting analysis and assessments at a TSOC, JSOC, SOF service component, or CCMD
- Recent peer-reviewed publication(s) in an academic or government journal