Operations Research and Systems Analyst (Journeyman)
Analysis | Tampa, FL | Full Time
Calhoun International is an information technology and management consulting company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis and network modeling, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, and cyberspace operations to information systems training and services as well as knowledge management. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Military analyst supporting the conduct of analysis for modeling and simulation, to include the range of social and human behaviors and dynamics that impact military operations in the United States Central Command area of operations. Serve as an analyst for conducting operational human dynamics and social analysis in support of operations, planning efforts, and analytic projects. Conduct modeling and simulation activities using a range of available tools, to include SENTURION and ATHENA. Design, develop, and apply a variety of data collection and decision analytics processes, including the employment of mathematical, statistical, and other analytic methods combined with military judgment. Develop information displays, decision briefings, analytical papers, and facilitate senior leadership decisions. This position is not available for remote delivery and is located in Tampa, FL.
- Active op Secret/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience with Operations Research and System Analysis (ORSA).
- 2+ years of experience working in a senior military headquarters, preferably at the 4-star HQs level
- Experience and proficiency in developing analytic methodologies, metrics, and decision criteria
- Experience and proficiency in leveraging scientific methods to inform qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Experience and proficiency with using automated statistical packages in support of analysis projects
- Experience with Social Dynamics and/or Human Dynamics analysis as they pertain to the defense department and/or the geo-political operational environment
- Knowledge and experience in using the SENTURION or ATHENA models
- Expertise with the Microsoft Office software suite
- Experience with preparing and presenting senior leadership briefings and papers
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Masters-level degree in ORSA, Sociology, Social Science, or a related field of study a plus
- Previous military service a plus
- Experience with Joint planning a plus
- Experience with the United States Central Command Area of Responsibility a plus
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Command and General Staff College or Service equivalent a plus